Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Are these men wearing SS uniforms?

Article about: They're children of the Internet, Andreas.....they spell phonetically and use endless initials and catch phrases...it's why handwriting is an almost vanished skill today. But.....they sure c

The image needs to be focused on the collar patches, please. If you can, please give us a clearer view of the unit patch.
    I believe these are SS men, again of the early epoch.
    It appears that the Standarte number is vertical versus horizontal, which one of our members can best explain to us.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these men wearing SS uniforms?
    P
    Many

This image is from the 1932-1934 epoch, I think.

All else fails, you can well see the black borders on the brassards here, and this is surely not a case of the dark brown or chocolate brown SA uniform which was the theme a couple of days ago.

The cut of the tunic, also, is of this somewhat less standardized epoch. The lapels are of a certain kind. I own a tunic not unlike this one, with later badges.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The image needs to be focused on the collar patches, please. If you can, please give us a clearer view of the unit patch.
    I believe these are SS men, again of the early epoch.
    It appears that the Standarte number is vertical versus horizontal, which one of our members can best explain to us.
    I believe the collar patch has the number 12 on it.
    Are these men wearing SS uniforms?

Thank you. Sta. 12 is Hannover. Likely images of the same date as your SA man and his truck.
    Prior to the standardization of the epoch mid 1934 and thereafter, the RZM and other documents suggest that some units had their own badges made locally.
    We have other images from Mr. JHAM of this kind of collar patch, which, of course, is not in Mollo.
    Mr. d'Alquen or Saris can tell us even more about SS regalia in the years 1931-1934.
    One of the persons is an SS Anwaerter or SS Bewerber (i.e. no collar patches), that is, a person in the process of accession to the SS.

Thank you again FB. You've been a great help!

Are these men wearing SS uniforms?Are these men wearing SS uniforms?
    Quote by yarmouth View Post
    Thank you again FB. You've been a great help!
    Thanks. I am fairly certain these are SS men.
    I should make a photo of my tunic of this type. It is from the Luebeck Sta, and it has an early RFSS label inside of the breast pocket.

Again you see here insignia of this early variant. Photo courtesy of Paul S.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-04-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Quote by martc View Post
    so you think that was a correct reply from a mod?? cos i dont,, how about tr fer grammer???
    and why are you getting involved ??? NOSEY!!!!
    The same could be said of you, certainly the last part of your statement. It is not your place to make such comments. If you had a problem with the comments made by Larry, I think it would have been better to have sent him a private message.

Let us try to stick to the question being asked.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Anon View Post
    The same could be said of you, certainly the last part of your statement. It is not your place to make such comments. If you had a problem with the comments made by Larry, I think it would have been better to have sent him a private message.

Let us try to stick to the question being asked.
    Thank you. And the question concerns early SS uniforms, to which I have tried to add some knowledge.

?

Quote (Anon) "It is not your place to make such comments. If you had a problem with the comments made by Larry, I think it would have been better to have sent him a private message."

And so say all of us...patently, the correct way to go about business.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast