Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

thought you mite like a look

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold This uniform was sold by a US/UK website some years ago and is purportedly associated with a figure from the SSVT whose name escapes me. I believe there were other unif

Default Re: thought you mite like a look

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This uniform was sold by a US/UK website some years ago and is purportedly associated with a figure from the SSVT whose name escapes me. I believe there were other uniforms for sale associated with this personage as well, to include loose insignia.

I am an agnostic when it comes to white uniforms, as I have never owned one, but they were surely worn in the era 1936-1939/40.

A white SSVT uniform is a rare thing, as is any color SSVT uniform, naturally.

Robert H. and Bob Coleman, as well as Bob Hirtz can speak to this kind of regalia.

But I recall this Montur when it appeared and some debate it also engendered, but the character of the latter did not remain with me.

David Delich is also a colleague of ours here, and I trust him in such matters as these, so perhaps he can be coaxed to give a word, too. David Delich has the white uniform of all white uniforms, to be sure. Examples of this kind of garment are also to be found in the Beaver books as a means of comparison.

I would expect the textile here to be of the summer variety employed in central Europe, cotton, linen, or of the variety of types listed in the SS Kleiderkasse which we have appended here ad nauseum.

Happy regalia to all seekers of same.
    thats right its named and comes with a small file the poor sole past away at only 38 years old .and yes you will find the same wool tex as the ones in the beaver book and as of note himmler'S is made of the same cloth as this yes .but i am thinking twice now as to should i have showin this , to be tarnished . i have a few beaver tunics ,but should i risk them been tarnished here .kind regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement thought you mite like a look
    P
    Many

Cost of said cap.... RM 8 ...... in 1940.

cost today? No man can say.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture thought you mite like a look  

Quote by panzer2 View Post
    thats right its named and comes with a small file the poor sole past away at only 38 years old .and yes you will find the same wool tex as the ones in the beaver book and as of note himmler'S is made of the same cloth as this yes .but i am thinking twice now as to should i have showin this , to be tarnished . i have a few beaver tunics ,but should i risk them been tarnished here .kind regards
    I do not wish to damage your property, if, it is indeed yours. I never examined this piece, and salute your wish to share it with us. No one should be lynched here for such a worthy desire. This kind of regalia is prone to controversy, but the wear on the insignia looks appropriate. Do you say that you own several objects that are in the Beaver books? Then my congratulations to you.

Thanks for showing us your things. Truth be told, only a fraction of my collection is photographed, and there are many nice things I own which I have never shared here and do not intend to out of just such a caution as regards the digital pack of hyenas who destroy anything that appears, especially if it is rare and costly.

This website won't allow that sort of thing if I have anything to say here....

No offence ment with my comment !! Please do show some more.
    I am willing to learn and it shows I still have a long way to go.
    I am glad Friedrich-Berthold interfered it is always a pleasure to read his comments.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

I do not wish to damage your property, if, it is indeed yours. I never examined this piece, and salute your wish to share it with us. No one should be lynched here for such a worthy desire. This kind of regalia is prone to controversy, but the wear on the insignia looks appropriate. Do you say that you own several objects that are in the Beaver books? Then my congratulations to you.
    Thanks for showing us your things.
    thank you!. yes i do own a few in the beaver book that are named , but that does not make me any greater in the knowing of these thinks buy any means . but i am not one for liking un- established comments that can damage a item and i am finding more and more this happing .kind regards

Quote by stuka f View Post
    No offence ment with my comment !! Please do show some more.
    I am willing to learn and it shows I still have a long way to go.
    I am glad Friedrich-Berthold interfered it is always a pleasure to read his comments.
    Thanks, I am really only at home with the black uniforms, and out of my league with white, grey and whatever other colors occurred to Heini H. and his schwarzer Orden.

No one should be lynched here for such a worthy desire. ....
    No intention what so ever of lynching anybody, I just spoke frankly and showed that thise" guts feeling "can be wrong!

cheers
    |<ris

Thanks for showing us your things. Truth be told, only a fraction of my collection is photographed, and there are many nice things I own which I have never shared here and do not intend to out of just such a caution as regards the digital pack of hyenas who destroy anything that appears, especially if it is rare and costly.

This website won't allow that sort of thing if I have anything to say here....
    amen to your words ! as a lot of other forms have gone and going .

Quote by stuka f View Post
    No intention what so ever of lynching anybody, I just spoke frankly and showed that thise" guts feeling "can be wrong!
    Dear Sir, I did not mean you, of course. I think most rare and seldom seen things evoke a negative reaction. These websites foster it, and you are not guilty of same at all.

With such militaria one has to look at it first hand and then think about it, while comparing same to other known authentic pieces...I spend a lot of time doing same, peering at piping, straining my eyes with the loupe over old textiles, foetid.....

The fake white uniforms are so legion here, that one can easily voice skepticism.

In any case, I do recall the debut and sale of this item, and I thank its owner for sharing it with us.

We here witnessed the decline and fall of the daggers and lord of the flies fora, where the digital guillotine falls hourly and the mob howls endlessly to my total and complete boredom. Panzer Feldjacken, lab coats, three "pronged" cap badges and all shatter my composure and make me want to sell all of this stuff in an afternoon.

Thanks to all for their gentle collaboration.

I regret we cannot do all of this face to face, where I am sure we would all find each others' company pleasing and learn a lot more in the process.

Happy white clothes.

amen to your words ! as a lot of other forms have gone and going .
    I sujest you create a forum where only the greatest, the richest, the smartest can participate !
    My comment was in no way intented to dammage you or the item you showed.
    It is all a matter of how one takes sombody's comment.

cheers
    |<ris

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast