Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

thought you mite like a look

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold This uniform was sold by a US/UK website some years ago and is purportedly associated with a figure from the SSVT whose name escapes me. I believe there were other unif

Default Re: thought you mite like a look

I actually think the internet is very destructive for just this reason that human beings are put into a digital corner and made vulnerable by an anonymous, technological force that exacerbates conflict.

I am sure if you gentlemen discussed this issue over a table, or wherever, good manners would lead the way and there would be no problems as routinely explode in an arena that aggravates all our worst fears.

Plus, many of you are writing in other than native English, and on and on....

Hence, perhaps one and all can take a step backward and reflect on the need to keep our site free of such clutter, and my Belgian colleague is well within his rights to be skeptical, without being destructive. In what I wrote above, I do mean others who are mendacious, vicious, and who thrive on the turmoil that their cynical approaches foments. They thrive on other sites like fungi and viruses on suffering tissue.

I do not associate any of this with my Belgian colleague whatsoever. On the contrary.

The decline of the fora is a real phenomenon, and we here are doing our bit to resist it with antique manners and customs.

We should consider the alternative, it is not a schiki micki website for the rich and famous.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement thought you mite like a look
    P
    Many

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I sujest you create a forum where only the greatest, the richest, the smartest can participate !
    My comment was in no way intented to dammage you or the item you showed.
    It is all a matter of how one takes sombody's comment.
    well reverting to sarcasm . i wish i had never put it up now . if this is the tone i get for trying to add . a real ss tunic to this forum . well at lest i have been warned not to proceed .kind regards

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Dear Sir, I did not mean you, of course. I think most rare and seldom seen things evoke a negative reaction. These websites foster it, and you are not guilty of same at all.

With such militaria one has to look at it first hand and then think about it, while comparing same to other known authentic pieces...I spend a lot of time doing same, peering at piping, straining my eyes with the loupe over old textiles, foetid.....

The fake white uniforms are so legion here, that one can easily voice skepticism.

In any case, I do recall the debut and sale of this item, and I thank its owner for sharing it with us.

We here witnessed the decline and fall of the daggers and lord of the flies fora, where the digital guillotine falls hourly and the mob howls endlessly to my total and complete boredom. Panzer Feldjacken, lab coats, three "pronged" cap badges and all shatter my composure and make me want to sell all of this stuff in an afternoon.

Thanks to all for their gentle collaboration.

I regret we cannot do all of this face to face, where I am sure we would all find each others' company pleasing and learn a lot more in the process.

Happy white clothes.
    I did not take your remarque personally dear Friedrich-Berthold.
    I do admire your patience among other of your great capability's .
    Lets say I am rougher in my way of doing...
    And I feel pitty for panzer2 when he is reacting the way he did, it is not the first time thise happens to me when saying thise or that on thise forum.
    Once again I do appologise for my reaction.
    To the Mods; feel free to delate my posts if thise could dammage in anyway panzer2 or his property!!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

dukhunter
    ?

Hi panzer2,

Although I've not been a very active participant here (bit of a lurker) I did post a somewhat unusual piece of "foetid woolen", now my favorite term when refering to these items, which, while not receiving a definative yes or no as to authenticity, was not picked apart but was discussed in a civilized, objective fashion. Personally, I would not post any of my tunics to any other forum. This is a comfortable place to be. Enjoy!

Thank you,
    George

Quote by panzer2 View Post
    thank you!. yes i do own a few in the beaver book that are named , but that does not make me any greater in the knowing of these thinks buy any means . but i am not one for liking un- established comments that can damage a item and i am finding more and more this happing .kind regards
    Thanks and please share more with us. I am sure this minor misunderstanding will give way to a more fruitful exchange.
    They were showing Germans in a senior home the other day on Deutsche Welle, and I am sure someone should ask said personages whether they were in the uniform trade as a way for us mortals born too late to ascertain so many details about things.

If you have even a single uniform from the Beaver books, that makes you more than most of us, surely.

I have the distinction of having owned things that later were in various references, but I sold them ahead of time before I knew their real posture. Imagine what a fool I am? But I sold them all to a member here, so they have all gone to a good home.

I actually do own at least two caps in the Shea Beaver books, in fact, but I am not sure what this fact means.

Quote by stuka f View Post
    I did not take your remarque personally dear Friedrich-Berthold.
    I do admire your patience among other of your great capability's .
    Lets say I am rougher in my way of doing...
    And I feel pitty for panzer2 when he is reacting the way he did, it is not the first time thise happens to me when saying thise or that on thise forum.
    Once again I do appologise for my reaction.
    To the Mods; feel free to delate my posts if thise could dammage in anyway panzer2 or his property!!
    Thanks, and perhaps I am only patient in certain situations, and then lose my temper in others. This forum should have room for a variety of personalities and perspectives, should it not?

The main thing is we should attract good material and a better discussion of same.

Oh well. I hope you all will adhere to the golden rule in this holiday season and we salute Panzer2's nice uniform.

We salute all uniforms offered by upright people who seek the truth and we condemn all those who would befoul our little corner of the internet with their shadows of doubt and sulfurous eruptions of envy, greed, lies et cetera. et cetera.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture thought you mite like a look  

Quote by dukhunter View Post
    Hi panzer2,

Although I've not been a very active participant here (bit of a lurker) I did post a somewhat unusual piece of "foetid woolen", now my favorite term when refering to these items, which, while not receiving a definative yes or no as to authenticity, was not picked apart but was discussed in a civilized, objective fashion. Personally, I would not post any of my tunics to any other forum. This is a comfortable place to be. Enjoy!

Thank you,
    George
    yes you are right but i must stand my ground and say one must state his comments with fact . or this leads to unfound comments . i did not put up some cheap ebay tunic ,to be picked over , but buy all means if some one has some of sub-tins to say i am all ears . but i am finding more and more people will even put down a tex book tunic .

well reverting to sarcasm . i wish i had never put it up now . if this is the tone i get for trying to add . a real ss tunic to this forum . well at lest i have been warned not to proceed .kind regards
    Howdy Panzer,

I don't collect TR items any longer, however, I must say that I still thoroughly taking a peek at related threads from time to time (as I am doing now). Please don't let your frustrations overpower your desire to share your items here that otherwise might not ever be seen.

I don't have a dog in this "fight" but I have come to know Stuka as a pretty good guy; I think Mr. Berthold framed the situation that occurs on forums quite nicely when he referenced the loss of the intent and emotion of our words that sometimes gets lost when typed. I have found that I have to get a feel for replies from other members who might not speak English as their first language (as I am sure that they do the same concerning myself sometimes) before I decide on the intent of the words.

I do however understand your frustrations in part as I collect rare WWI aviation pieces, some of which museums have both drooled over and raised a suspicious brow over - merely because they have not seen such items. It is always great to get a thumbs up as we all enjoy that, but when I receive negative (or so perceived) comments, it doesn't bother me any more, because I wouldn't have the item if I had any doubt. This isn't intended as a boast, but only to demonstrate that whether others like the items or not, really all that matters is that you are comfortable with the knowledge you have gained in that area.

I think of it this way, no matter how many negative comments I get on an item from those that are just curious and "thinking out loud" or those who are not versed well enough in that area - if I ever decide to sell such an item, I will approach those who have the knowledge based on research and years of experience who KNOW the item(s) are original as it is a specialized following just as SS is.

Sorry to interject here, but I just felt I need to type my thoughts on the topic as I have been where you are before. I hope you don't mind my thoughts and I hope you know that they are well-intended.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

We are glad you posted your material and I hope my response was not destructive.

I must say that the trend on these sites is to comment without facts, without clear grammar and syntax, and without any analysis whatsoever. A tiny fraction of people use any evidence to support their assertions. I guess it is a lost art or craft.

Also, we now live in a world of pictures and emotions, which the Nazis were eager to make, themselves.

These websites join the pictures and emotions together in a kind of amplification process that is not helpful of the truth or of sound historical analysis, which takes time, patience, and a lot of hard work.

The latter is in short supply on the other sites, of that I can tell you.

I have made almost three thousand posts, and God only knows how much time it took from an otherwise productive day, when I should have written something else....

...but i am finding more and more people will even put down a tex book tunic .
    I do not have those qualifications!! I have sayed I am sorry and be more then happy that my comments would be errased.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast