Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thoughts on this SS tab

Article about: Thinking of making my first purchase, what do you think of them? Any information

Default Thoughts on this SS tab

Thoughts on this SS tabThoughts on this SS tab

Thinking of making my first purchase, what do you think of them?
    Any information

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this SS tab
    P
    Many

Save your money as this is a very poor reproduction. Use our search engine and you will find many genuine examples. There never was a smiley face Totenkopf! Welcome to the forum. You have learned your first lesson. If you do not have the knowledge, always post before you buy.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

And consider becoming a gold member also. Helps keep the forum bills paid, and ensures others will benefit from the knowledge here, and save a boatload on bad SS items like you just did.

Apparently it is a pumpkin head variety. I have found a similar one on here that was authentic and looks very similar.....Pumpkin Head Totenkopf

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Save your money as this is a very poor reproduction. Use our search engine and you will find many genuine examples. There never was a smiley face Totenkopf! Welcome to the forum. You have learned your first lesson. If you do not have the knowledge, always post before you buy.
    Bob Coleman began to collect SS regalia in the 1950s. We have various poorly informed persons appear here with incomplete gifts of analysis who seem disinclined to receive very generous advice. Do not indulge in the fantasy of being a beginner and somehow being more brilliant and more observant than persons who have
    endured tens of thousands of requests from amateurs whose ambition and knowledge are out of synch.

Do not collect SS insignia, especially "sculls," unless you prepare yourself. You will always be disappointed.

Quote by avenger View Post
    And consider becoming a gold member also. Helps keep the forum bills paid, and ensures others will benefit from the knowledge here, and save a boatload on bad SS items like you just did.
    Wise advice, and, your self help which will assure the mutual aid of others, whereby you will save the USD 25 many times over.
    Otherwise, you will be intensely disappointed. This collecting of "sculls" is a deadly serious business, as befits the things, themselves.
    This item puts me in the mind of the Delta International fakes of my salad years. While Bob has been collecting since the 1950s, I follow
    him by a few years.

"sculls"Thoughts on this SS tabThoughts on this SS tabThoughts on this SS tabThoughts on this SS tabThoughts on this SS tabThoughts on this SS tabThoughts on this SS tabThoughts on this SS tabThoughts on this SS tabThoughts on this SS tabThoughts on this SS tabThoughts on this SS tabThoughts on this SS tabThoughts on this SS tabThoughts on this SS tabThoughts on this SS tab

And a Nachklapp, as pertains to "pumpkin head," this term is collector baby talk which never was used by Germans of the time to describe this insignia.
    I have included the actual 1942 SS price list from the Bekleidungswerk in Dachau with the terminology for this item.

Collector argot which varies widely from the actual terms used by contemporaries to describe these items obscures more than it explains.Thoughts on this SS tabThoughts on this SS tabThoughts on this SS tab

The Bando Beaver book on SS insignia is the place to start as a beginner of this insignia. Rather than spend several hundred dollars on what is likely a hinky badge,
    the cost of the book repays itself many times over. Grazing on websites may avail you, but because these websites are so non linear, an actual book is preferable.
    No book is perfect. Avoid the Angolia book. It receives much undeserved praise.

at #9 Nice to see a Marcel Breuer chair in that snap FB, where was that taken?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast