Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

TK offizer collar tabs

Article about: I recall black tunics with officer silver wire around 1960 give or take a few years-selling for as little as 80 dollars. If you wanted the hat to go with, you had to double it then. A normal

Default Re: TK offizer collar tabs

Bad luck Dean mate I hope you get refunded

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement TK  offizer collar tabs
    P
    Many

TK  offizer collar tabsYou see that the material was exclusive at the time.

dean you stand no chance of getting an original friedrich-berthold as cornered the market.Lol

TK  offizer collar tabsThe image of the twenty or so collar patches is of an old collection now spread to the seven winds. It is not my property.
    I include the image as an orientation of what was once intact and is now dispersed.
    The collection I show above was a one of hundreds of collar patches and other regalia that was begun in the 1950s, when this material was affordable.

TK  offizer collar tabsHere is some more of the collection.

Hey FB:

Can you recall what Totenkopf collar tabs went for back in the 50's? Sig Rune Tabs also. Just in general so to speak FB. thanks.

Quote by octavian View Post
    Hey FB:

Can you recall what Totenkopf collar tabs went for back in the 50's? Sig Rune Tabs also. Just in general so to speak FB. thanks.
    I was not collecting in the 1950s, but Bob Coleman was. David Delich told me that a black SS officer's uniform was 150 dollars in 1959, whereas a Waffenrock of the army in a normal configuration might have been 15 or 25 dollars.

So you figure it all out.

In any case, money today does not buy very much, although the standards are quite different, that's for sure.

certainly not a set of collar tabs to see on this fine day.

i can only agree with the other esteemed and experienced gentlemen here. were i not myself confident enough in my own opinion with this particular set, you'd find me deferring to them anyway.

the value of the examples posted by Bob Coleman and Friedrich-Berthold can not be overestimated.

they show a quality of hand embroidery which is essentially a lost art. the tightness of weave and absolute care is, in the smallest of detail, readily apparent.

there are other issues as well with respect to the strand count of the piping.

you will need to seek a refund here and hopefully it will be forthcoming without complication.

Quote by octavian View Post
    Hey FB:

The prices quoted by FB are fairly accurate. Prices were higher on the East Coast New York/Boston area and California as there was more available cash. The Midwest seemed to have the best prices. At that time, there was abundant material, what fakes existed were quite poor and items would circulate in the local area. Back in those days, many nice tunics were stripped naked of their insignia. Insignia was easier to store than a complete tunic.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast