Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Todays purchases! SS Collar tabs!

Article about: Hello all, I purchased these today from an auction in Munich Germany. It's my first step into collecting SS clothing after many years collecting medals and daggers. I was wondering if any ex

?

Default Todays purchases! SS Collar tabs!

Todays purchases! SS Collar tabs!Todays purchases! SS Collar tabs!Todays purchases! SS Collar tabs!

Hello all,

I purchased these today from an auction in Munich Germany.

It's my first step into collecting SS clothing after many years collecting medals and daggers. I was wondering if any experts have an opinion on their authenticity?
    I have used the auction house many times before and trusted their opinion on them.

The first two photos are two pairs of Obersturmführer collar tabs, one hand embroidered and the other machined. The third photo is a collar tab of the 36th Waffen Grenadier Division.

Greig

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Todays purchases! SS Collar tabs!
    P
    Many

hi Greig
    I like the runic tab of the first set.looks like a officer upgraded em tab.not sure about the litzen on the rank tab.
    I also like your dirlewanger tab.
    But not keen on the early set of tabs with black and silver piping.
    Cheers
    Dave.

?

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for taking your time to have a look. I was also a bit suspicious about the piping but a local dealer i know says he has seen it before.
    I attached some close ups.
    My favourite has to be the dirlewanger tab.

Todays purchases! SS Collar tabs!Todays purchases! SS Collar tabs!

Hi Greig
    No problem i will always try to help if i can.I wasent just meaning the piping on this set i was refering to the runes now you have posted close up's i'm not sure about the litzen strip either.
    Lets see what others think i could be wrong.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Item # 3 would be for a company grade officer of the LAH prior to the end of 1934, were it authentic, which it is not. Sorry.

- - ------- - -

Todays purchases! SS Collar tabs!Look at this Paspel for Kragenspiegel, please.

?

Welcome to the forum! You will encounter educated feedback here.

The Bando Beaver book has the very best illustrations of a variety of SS and SS at arms insignia for the collector's orientation.

?

Thank you all for your input.
    I think I have been a bit presumptuous in assuming these would be ok. I can get a refund on them if they are fake.
    Going to get that book and really study up on clothing and insignia, it's so much more difficult than artefacts such as medals and daggers.
    It's been a very steep learning curve today lol.
    Thanks all

Sorry to impart bad news about one of these pieces, but SSVT things are an interest of mine.
    Most rare SS insignia that is cheaply priced is usually junk. It is a brutal and hurtful truth, but it is one of many such things in our troubled world.
    The price of the Bando-Beaver insignia book is very modest and will repay itself many, many times.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast