Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Todays purchases! SS Collar tabs!

Article about: Hello all, I purchased these today from an auction in Munich Germany. It's my first step into collecting SS clothing after many years collecting medals and daggers. I was wondering if any ex

What a great thread and a most humble new member . This is a pleasure to read..where a new poster is not stuck on themselves not believing anything anyone says or tries to help...as we had in the helmet forum recently. Bravo GMK89 Welcome to the forum..you are amongst great minds in this particular arena of the Hobby. Enjoy your stay. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Todays purchases! SS Collar tabs!
    P
    Many

The 1933 or 1934 LAH had ver distinctive, small runes embroidered in silver or alu. wire. However, the number of such officers would be small, indeed, in turn and such an item would be very valuable.
    The give away with this item is the Paspel, which is a commonly seen variety of fake piping as used on these badges. The real piping I have included, and it is very distinct, especially to the naked eye and in person.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Sorry to impart bad news about one of these pieces, but SSVT things are an interest of mine.
    Most rare SS insignia that is cheaply priced is usually junk. It is a brutal and hurtful truth, but it is one of many such things in our troubled world.
    The price of the Bando-Beaver insignia book is very modest and will repay itself many, many times.
    FB
    Would you mind Listing the title of the Bando - Beaver book please ?
    Thanks
    Steve

Steve,

If you goggle "Insignia & Artifacts of the Waffen SS" you will easily be able to locate the book.

Quote by Bochmann View Post
    Steve,

If you goggle "Insignia & Artifacts of the Waffen SS" you will easily be able to locate the book.
    Thank you. I was in too much haste, to be sure.

?

The book is available from the author (101st Airborne and related Books) but is quite expensive if you are in Europe (inc GB). It is available in a French language edition (Prises de Guerre: Insignes et photos de la Waffen-SS which is much cheaper. Sadly my poor language skills only allow me to get a rough understanding of the text but it is mostly photos so that isn't the end of the world. (see BookFinder.com: Search Results (Matching Titles))

Regards, Philip

Did you purchased them at Hermans?
    Remember to buy only when you know your items, auction houses even with the dozen of experts is like playing somehow Lottery.
    It all about the money, nothing else.

Quote by gmk89 View Post
    Attachment 776005Attachment 776006Attachment 776007

Hello all,

I purchased these today from an auction in Munich Germany.

It's my first step into collecting SS clothing after many years collecting medals and daggers. I was wondering if any experts have an opinion on their authenticity?
    I have used the auction house many times before and trusted their opinion on them.

The first two photos are two pairs of Obersturmführer collar tabs, one hand embroidered and the other machined. The third photo is a collar tab of the 36th Waffen Grenadier Division.

Greig

I bought the French version, of which I can figure out about 45% of the text with my graduate school French.
    The Heimdal books are very nice, especially on the SS and I try to buy as many as I can when in Germany, where they are easily had.
    The signal virtue of said work is the compilation of examples from the leading collections, some of which of persons who engage our site or the competition.
    The images of the insignia themselves are pretty clear and the inclusion of variations is comprehensive, since the latter form an endless source of conflict.
    The gruesome images of dead SS men predominate in many cases in the text, but such fits the Zeitgeist and corresponds to reality.
    This book supersedes the problematic Angolia book, which has many, many errors.

I also got the "Inside the Allgemeine SS [sic] " book while I was in Germany just now, and it has so many errors of syntax as well as fact as to wonder who, if anyone, engaged in an editorial process with same?

Todays purchases! SS Collar tabs!My favorite book purchase is this one, but it is in the mail to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast