Display your banner here

Totenkopf Button

Article about: Is this one original? Thanks

ado
    ?

Default Totenkopf Button

Is this one original?

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Totenkopf Button   Totenkopf Button  

Totenkopf Button   Totenkopf Button  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopf Button
    P
    Many

Default Re: Totenkopf Button

not original,,,here is some pics of an original
    Attached Images Attached Images Totenkopf Button  Totenkopf Button 

I do not believe either of the abvove posted buttons are original. The 1194 series of skull buttons run from dates 1939, 1940, and 1941. I have not seen one that had a silver painted finish. Some were painted feldgrau to be used on the feldgrau VT overseas cap. Those that hare of a silver finish are made of aluminum button faces on either nickle (early 1939) or zinc for 1940 and 1941 bases. There would be no reason to silver paint a button made of aluminum.

I attach a photo of the 1940 type made by contract 1194. Please note the number shape and size as well as the RZM and SS runics.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Totenkopf Button   Totenkopf Button  

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    I do not believe either of the abvove posted buttons are original. The 1194 series of skull buttons run from dates 1939, 1940, and 1941. I have not seen one that had a silver painted finish. Some were painted feldgrau to be used on the feldgrau VT overseas cap. Those that hare of a silver finish are made of aluminum button faces on either nickle (early 1939) or zinc for 1940 and 1941 bases. There would be no reason to silver paint a button made of aluminum.

I attach a photo of the 1940 type made by contract 1194. Please note the number shape and size as well as the RZM and SS runics.

Bob Hritz
    I agree with Bob.

ww2fotos
    ?

I have 2 of these buttons with stamped with RZM and # of M 5/8 but no SS mark on them. are they repros, too? (when they have no SS mark?)