Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Totenkopf collar tab ......original?

Article about: Here is a wool TK collar tab, minus the backing. Looks good to me, i like the stitching quality and detail. Opinions?

?

Default Totenkopf collar tab ......original?

Here is a wool TK collar tab, minus the backing. Looks good to me, i like the stitching quality and detail. Opinions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Totenkopf collar tab ......original?   Totenkopf collar tab ......original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopf collar tab ......original?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Totenkopf collar tab ......original?

Anyone?

?

Come on guys....... this one looks good to me, minus the backing, lol ........opinions?

?

When looking at the one that I have (see 6/10 post for picture) I can see on mine since some of the backing is missing that the stitching of the Skull and Crossbones is done by itself and then the backing is laid over it, yours looks like they have incorporated the backing and the stitching of the S&C together. Also the detail on yours is lacking:Look at the bones, they are to close together and the bone and the end of the bone do not have any seperation between the two. If you look a the picture of mine you can see distinct seperation of the bone and the end of the bone and the detail in the stitching is dramatic in that area compared to yours. The detail of the indentations in the skull is also lacking and the teeth have no seperation at the gum line they just go right into the gum. Also the fold over on the backside is to short, on mine it covers some of the skull on all sides. Now this is just comparing the one I have in hand to the one you have in the picture.

Hi Desmo your tab is very nice but different.Yours is a late war dachau made tab.Newbie i think the tab you have posted is a original mid war tab which would have at some point had the backing plus a paper rzm tag.
    It would be interesting to hear other opinions.
    Cheers
    Dave.

?

Yes, I was only comparing the tab I have with the one in the picture, but you can see the clear difference in the detail in both tabs.

Interesting but I think it is good. Makes me wonder what happened to the backing on some of these...

Jeff