Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Totenkopfring Box

Article about: Hi, what do you think about this box?

Default Totenkopfring Box

Hi,
    what do you think about this box?

Totenkopfring Box
    Totenkopfring Box
    Totenkopfring Box
    Totenkopfring Box
    Totenkopfring Box
    Totenkopfring Box
    Totenkopfring Box

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopfring Box
    P
    Many

The cover of this box is very plain and unadorned. Originals that I've seen(and this is not a huge number by any means-they are seen that seldom!) have generally shown 2 embossed rings between the runes and the outer edge. There could well have been any number of suppliers of these boxes, as the rings were issued in the thousands, and it only makes sense that there would be numerous box makers to supply the number needed. The box you've posted shows good construction and appropriate aging and could very easily be authentic. I would want considerable paperwork and provenance for it, though, before investing any large sum of money for it.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I really like what I'm seeing here but don't have the experience of handling such a box, although it compares very favourably with images I've seen of one of the four types of accepted Ehrenring boxes that have been documented so far, but there might yet be others. The embossed SS runes showing through onto the reverse of the lid is a good sign, as is the general hand construction and appearance, it seems to be what's referred to as a "Type 3 box".

My advice would be to contact Don Boyle who is the go to guy with all things regarding the Ehrenring, including the very rarely found boxes, and send him as many quality close pictures as you can.

You can get in contact with him here:

honorringman@verizon.net or alternatively, honorringman@webtv.net

I think it stands a very good chance, good luck.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Not my area of expertise, but i am liking this SS ring box. Others with more experience will chime in i am sure.

Welcome to the Forum

What is the general location and provenance of this ring box?

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Welcome to the Forum

What is the general location and provenance of this ring box?
    Nice to be here, thanks
    The box is located in USA. I have a chance to buy, but with no refund, so I want to know the opinion of other collectors.
    I´ve contacted Don Boyle, he agree with examining, but can´t tell me anything from the fotos He wrote: "In my opinion I have never seen a ring box like this. That does not mean it is a fake as there are different styles it is possible."

No refund?? Leave it...no reputable seller sells without refund being offered.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."