Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

translate

Article about: by doomtown I just barely missed an opportunity to take this course(FU-BEST) on Berlin at the Freie Universität because I couldn't figure out how to pay for it via student loans, and my home

Default translate

Any one here willing to have a go at Translating this .. would be very much appreciated , My understanding is its some order to be in reach of Himmler within 45mit ???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture translate  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement translate
    P
    Many

Default Re: translate

no it's written to the main personnel office in Berlin basically saying that in accordance with a Reichsfuehrer SS order of march 20, 1943 the individual concerned is communicating his present home address again as being 45 Loehleinstrasse in Berlin-Dahlem.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    no it's written to the main personnel office in Berlin basically saying that in accordance with a Reichsfuehrer SS order of march 20, 1943 the individual concerned is communicating his present home address again as being 45 Loehleinstrasse in Berlin-Dahlem.
    i see ok thanks for that !! funny i can see it as clear as day now , thanks for the help its part of a 20 page file

and a good address it was and is, too.

?

Funny how those things tend to stay the same, no? Wannsea is also a gorgeous neighborhood, I had a lovely afternoon of swimming and Döner kebap there once.

just looked up Google Earth . amazing that you can do this today , i wonder if the house there is the same one from 1944 , seems to be showing some road works so blocking the full veiw . looking at the brick work it sure looks like it

The point is also germane that such SS potentates were often able to purchases aryanized property, especially in the swank parts of Berlin in the west, i.e. Dahlem and Wannsee.
    These properties, in turn, were then taken by the U.S. occupation forces and remained part of the U.S. presence in Berlin until the 1990s.
    One of my acquaintances' family was able to avoid such Nazi confiscation and then, in turn, sold the villa to the U.S. after the war.
    The Free University is nearby, which was a major project of the cold war when the Humboldt Uni. ended up in the eastern sector.
    I was just there ten days ago, since the AVUS was blocked and I was cutting across town from Spanische Allee to the Ku'damm.
    Berlin is a wonderful place.

Quote by tempelhof View Post
    well done.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The Free University is nearby, which was a major project of the cold war when the Humboldt Uni. ended up in the eastern sector.
    I was just there ten days ago, since the AVUS was blocked and I was cutting across town from Spanische Allee to the Ku'damm.
    Berlin is a wonderful place.
    I just barely missed an opportunity to take this course(FU-BEST) on Berlin at the Freie Universität because I couldn't figure out how to pay for it via student loans, and my home university didn't participate, though the director was very kind and understanding.
    A great disappointment really.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    well done.
    Thank you for your kind words.

Do you know that, on reading your always informative commentary, I realized that I had translated this item without noticing that I myself lived in this area of Berlin for six years under something of the same circumstances you describe?
    Essentially, you had to inform me of the history of the area before I recalled that, in fact, I am part of that history.

This tells me, at a minimum, that it has been far too long since I have paid visit to that Great City.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast