Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Trusty website for birthday goods

Article about: by Friedrich-Berthold The name is Hannah's Reich, not Hanner. I have only had the most positive experiences with Whammond on Collector's Guild, in fact. Greetings. I agree, although I have o

Default Re: Trusty website for birthday goods

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    This is a new name to me. Donnerwetter.
    I think Andreas and his love of all things Sci-Fi is having a little joke. Leland Gaunt is the main character in the Stephen King tale 'Needful Things' and is described as such.

Leland Gaunt: Presumably a demon in human form, who has spent centuries traveling about the world and tricking people into selling their souls to him, usually in exchange for useless objects disguised as the things they want most.

Old HPL....I like his dark humour very much!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Trusty website for birthday goods
    P
    Many

Quote by n0valyfe View Post
    Much respect for you Friedrich
    Thank you. My best to you and happy birthday.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I think Andreas and his love of all things Sci-Fi is having a little joke. Leland Gaunt is the main character in the Stephen King tale 'Needful Things' and is described as such.

Leland Gaunt: Presumably a demon in human form, who has spent centuries traveling about the world and tricking people into selling their souls to him, usually in exchange for useless objects disguised as the things they want most.

Old HPL....I like his dark humour very much!
    Thank you for the useful hint. I do not read Stephen King, but my wife does. My ignorance is plain. The needful things thingy is pretty germane.
    Most days I am quite certain that I surrendered my soul for these objects, granted the travail that they seem to cause.

What can I say; I do enjoy my occasional pop-cultural references and in-jokes!

Incidentally, Needful Things is a book well worth reading. The novel works on many levels, and while this was obviously not on Stephen King's mind when writing it, one could even interpret it as a cautionary tale for collectors.

The film adaption is quite good, too, with the character of Leland Gaunt memorably portrayed by the great Max von Sydow.

(Although it is let down a bit by the ending, which differs from the book.)

Thank you for the suggested reading. Collectors surely need cautionary tales, that is for certain. I am thankful for hints of things that I normally ignore.
    My engagement with the wider world is shrinking rapidly, so this kind of thing is helpful to me.

Quote by jose View Post
    Hello,

That is a very relevant question,reputable dealers.
    Collectors guild and Hannasreich sites were mentioned,could someone point others?

Best,

Jose
    WELCOME TO GERMAN WAR BOOTY

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4