Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tuchmuetze fuer SS: variations on a theme

Article about: The last thing I would ever do is offer a list of makers of these objects, though after more than a decade of carefully securing these images, I could hypothesize about it all. But I am alle

Default Re: Tuchmuetze fuer SS: variations on a theme

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    He certainly came up with a fine potential title for the next "scull" thread: http://covers.openlibrary.org/b/id/6256104-L.jpg
    Dear Sir, thanks. I did not realize that the episode was called thus. Serling was a smart cookie, and he contributed to my death cult kitsch problem, which has become generalized, nicht wahr? All the best to you.

I have added to the "scull" thread thingy here, I warrant, but these badges are still on the caps and not wrenched off like eye balls out of their sockets.Tuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a theme
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-27-2011 at 08:24 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a theme
    P
    Many

Especially in German culture and art, the depiction of death incarnate, the Sensenmann to say nothing of the Totentanz represent an interesting symbolism of compelling power. The Deschler craftsman who made this badge plainly had this tradition in mind. I wonder who he was, and what he saw beforehand to make this odd little thing that so unnerves us all?

I was in Wien recently, and found a place that makes up medals and placards from a design you hand over. Such used to be quite a fixture in major German towns, as you know. The Deschler people are still operating, and not too far from the locale of some of our readers. One of you should go there and see if they have any records. If I went there, they would likely be very irritated, not answer, and have me pitched out.Tuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a theme
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-28-2011 at 02:25 AM.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    my eyesight is failing and the spirochetes have caused jitters and twitches

Come here and help me repair me hats, though.
    The camera I suggested has a wonderful anti-shake system!

I would love to visit and help repair your hats one day.

Besides I spend too much time in Munich fighting with stupid people about my hotel bill, merging onto the road to Nuremberg and getting stuck in the Stau, rushing to MUC and the scarfing down Leberkaese before the long flight home, where there is no oxygen in economy class and going into a coma over Greenland....I never have a chance to look around to any good effect, save my forays to the Breiter shop near the Marienplatz, but they are always very shocked when I mention the years 1933-1945.....

Quote by BenVK View Post

Thank you. I am sure the thing is excellent. The one I had always broke and worked half the time, made as it was out of cheapo plastic. I am also bad with recharging batteries. It seems that all one does is recharge batteries and enter pass words, and to what effect?
    I appreciate your wise technical aid to the old and infirm. My shakes and twitches increase each day, as the economic recovery stalls, my cholesterol chokes me, and my brain is flummoxed by multi tasking and bad spelling on websites.

My hats would appreciate your expert and skilled care, that is certain.

Happy hats to you all and my your CupAl not corrode any more than necessary.

Quote by BenVK View Post

My approach to photography borrows at least in spirit from this so enclosed, but my level of ambition is not as great....Tuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a theme

Or, the caps I have posted are not really mine, and tragically, those that are all look like this.....Tuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a theme

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Or, the caps I have posted are not really mine, and tragically, those that are all look like this.....Tuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a theme
    Actually, these caps in the post above (you see....) are not mine. I would not own them, unless it was to explode them on video for you tube. I no longer wear Halloween costumes, nor wear such things in shady locales for social marginaux

Some will recall that one person here with a social pathology accused me of using recycled Shea pictures to imitate a senior collector. The hall of mirrors in the fun house, no?

The following is my property, but it is yours, too, since it all tumbles into silly, old Google and becomes one with the firmament...to what end I know not.

Tuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a theme
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-28-2011 at 04:40 AM.

I wonder how good ole' Dali pulled off this photo? Do you know?Tuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a theme

Never mind, then, here is where the phrase "Tuchmuetze fuer SS" comes from, one of the more powerful phrases in the German language.Tuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a theme

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast