Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tuchmuetze fuer SS: variations on a theme

Article about: The last thing I would ever do is offer a list of makers of these objects, though after more than a decade of carefully securing these images, I could hypothesize about it all. But I am alle

Default Re: Tuchmuetze fuer SS: variations on a theme

The last thing I would ever do is offer a list of makers of these objects, though after more than a decade of carefully securing these images, I could hypothesize about it all. But I am allergic to these maker lists.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a theme
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I wonder how good ole' Dali pulled off this photo? Do you know?Attachment 216245Attachment 216246
    Unlike those who couldn’t escape their visions, Salvador Dalì was inducing hallucinations in order to create art. Freud’s theory of the subconscious became the basis of his “paranoiac-critical method” of painting. Dalì hallucinated images of his own subconscious desires and libidinal urges to create these sensational, twisted alternate universes on canvas. Dalì called the paintings of this period “hand-painted dream photographs”. These photographs were painted representations of the images he would see in his paranoid state. Though he was not a true paranoid, he claims to have been able to simulate a paranoid state.

Eric

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    Unlike those who couldn’t escape their visions, Salvador Dalì was inducing hallucinations in order to create art. Freud’s theory of the subconscious became the basis of his “paranoiac-critical method” of painting. Dalì hallucinated images of his own subconscious desires and libidinal urges to create these sensational, twisted alternate universes on canvas. Dalì called the paintings of this period “hand-painted dream photographs”. These photographs were painted representations of the images he would see in his paranoid state. Though he was not a true paranoid, he claims to have been able to simulate a paranoid state.

Eric
    Bravo and thank you for this fine intervention. The paranoia has gone from our dreams of the early and mid 20th century to our reality of the present, which is made to imitate our dreams. Perhaps the phenomenon has existed longer than surrealism, though the freshness and power of it all upon our young minds (i.e. mine ca. 1961) has been pretty compelling. Thank you for your kind aid and knowledge.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-28-2011 at 05:36 AM.

Tuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a theme
    Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Bravo and thank you for this fine intervention. The paranoia has gone from our dreams of the early and mid 20th century to our reality of the present, which is made to imitate our dreams. Perhaps the phenomenon has existed longer than surrealism, though the freshness and power of it all upon our young minds (i.e. mine ca. 1961) has been pretty compelling. Thank you for your kind aid and knowledge.
    I think this is what you are after though FB this one is compliments of wikipedia.
    In 1941, American photographer Philippe Halsman met the surrealist artist Salvador Dalí in New York City and they began to collaborate in the late 1940s. The 1948 work Dali Atomicus explores the idea of suspension, depicting three cats flying, water thrown from a bucket, an easel, a footstool and Salvador Dalí all seemingly suspended in mid-air. The title of the photograph is a reference to Dalí's work Leda Atomica (at that which can be seen in the right of the photograph behind the two cats.) Halsman reported that it took 28 attempts to be satisfied with the result. This is the unretouched version of the photograph that was published in LIFE magazine. In this version the wires suspending the easel and the painting, the hand of the assistant holding the chair and the prop holding up the footstool can still be seen. The frame on the easel is still empty. The copyright for this photo was registered with the U.S. Copyright Office but according to the U.S. Library of Congress was not renewed, putting it in the public domain in the United States and countries which adopted the rule of the shorter term.
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 06-28-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Thank you. The nuclear age piece was unclear to me, but all the more suggestive.

In this spirit of surrealism, we offer you once more foetid woolens under the rubric of "Tuchmuetze fuer SS..."Tuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a theme

The darker skull on the left in post #5 is especially impressive. Very fine details. I could easily be persuaded to own such a thing... William

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The darker skull on the left in post #5 is especially impressive. Very fine details. I could easily be persuaded to own such a thing... William

Dear William, well, that image is one I stole from the whacko website. I am sure I own such a badge on a cap, but I never pry them off, so it will remain a mystery to me and until I de-access my things. If you try to buy one (i.e. "scull"), it will cost you essentially what some of these caps cost at the beginning of the decade before last. Too droll.

Happy foetid woolens and crimped prongs.Tuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a theme

Tuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeVariation in the intervening two or so years on theme of "Tuechmuetze fuer SS" : eine unendliche Geschichte.

Tuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a themeTuchmuetze fuer SS:  variations on a theme

Note: fleshy fingers and dirty nails are not mine, and I apologize for said distractions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3