Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Two SS armbands for consideration

Article about: Hey guys! I found two SS armbands that I'd like some opinions on. I'm fairly certain that this first one is authentic. It has all the known characteristics of a legitimate armband (ovoid whi

Two SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationBy dint of inclination and biography, I have a textile fetish.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two SS armbands for consideration
    P
    Many

Thanks, FB! I see the "VA 1938" stamps on the uniform pieces, but those stamps sure look a lot different than the ones on this armband. I wish knew what the stamp said before it was cut off so that I could find some more information about it. Does anyone know what the circular stamp signified?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    1000% original.

In fact, the details you show make it even nicer and are not faked. (yet)

Bolts of cloth were marked. We have shown these on the forum in the past in connection with uniform cloth. These markings will only show up now and again on finished articles.

Cheers, Ade.

Another reason why Adrian Stevenson is our leader. He is even handed and noble of spirit. All hail!

Quote by daveward View Post
    Thanks, FB! I see the "VA 1938" stamps on the uniform pieces, but those stamps sure look a lot different than the ones on this armband. I wish knew what the stamp said before it was cut off so that I could find some more information about it. Does anyone know what the circular stamp signified?
    Look here. This is the advert section of the Handbuch d. RZM. It contains many of the textile firms that made these textiles we so enjoy.

You can buy a digital version of this work for all of Euros 150. I paid a lot more for the actual book. A helluva lot more.

Success! I found a picture of the stamp in a more complete form (this one is on a party armband). Apparently it originally said "N.S.D.A.P. Armbinden":

Two SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationThe RZM required that official textiles be marked in a manner dictated by this Nazi agency. Textiles in the raw form were marked in a specific manner. Firms also used their own logo, too, although this practice was forbidden in early 1935. All textiles were to have an RZM stamp every couple of meters. The finished item then had to have a tag with the serial number and the license number of the firm. The system as it existed in 1936 is contained in the manufacture specification book I included. It is, however, in German.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Two SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationThe RZM required that official textiles be marked in a manner dictated by this Nazi agency. Textiles in the raw form were marked in a specific manner. Firms also used their own logo, too, although this practice was forbidden in early 1935. All textiles were to have an RZM stamp every couple of meters. The finished item then had to have a tag with the serial number and the license number of the firm. The system as it existed in 1936 is contained in the manufacture specification book I included. It is, however, in German.

You won't find this information on the ding dong site. And you won't really get this knowledge solely through pictures.

Two SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationTwo SS armbands for considerationbolts of cloth....

Alright, I found a party armband with the same circular stamp on it. This pictures shows it in much better detail:

I'm wondering if this is a stylized acronym logo of some kind. There are those small notches on the side of one of the lines, so it could be "CFD" or "CED." Has anyone seen this one before? I'd love to find out the name of the manufacturer (I know, I know -- I need to get some books!).

My example with the marked cloth. Believe me I waited many months before an example came along with this extra 'feature' and you are fortunate to have acquired one without initially realising it. Much better than a plain-jane, unstamped and untagged example n'est–ce pas?

Two SS armbands for consideration Two SS armbands for consideration

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast