Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two SS uniforms. Original or fake? SS guard unit "Elbe¨ and A.H. italian style Mohnke's uniform.

Article about: Hello, I would appreciate some help with this ¨rare uniforms¨ Thanks for your time!

Default Two SS uniforms. Original or fake? SS guard unit "Elbe¨ and A.H. italian style Mohnke's uniform.

Hello, I would appreciate some help with this ¨rare uniforms¨ Thanks for your time!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two SS uniforms. Original or fake? SS guard unit "Elbe¨ and A.H. italian style Mohnke's uniform.   Two SS uniforms. Original or fake? SS guard unit "Elbe¨ and A.H. italian style Mohnke's uniform.  

Two SS uniforms. Original or fake? SS guard unit "Elbe¨ and A.H. italian style Mohnke's uniform.   Two SS uniforms. Original or fake? SS guard unit "Elbe¨ and A.H. italian style Mohnke's uniform.  

Two SS uniforms. Original or fake? SS guard unit "Elbe¨ and A.H. italian style Mohnke's uniform.   Two SS uniforms. Original or fake? SS guard unit "Elbe¨ and A.H. italian style Mohnke's uniform.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two SS uniforms. Original or fake? SS guard unit "Elbe¨ and A.H. italian style Mohnke's uniform.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Two SS uniforms. Original or fake? SS guard unit "Elbe¨ and A.H. italian style Mohnke's uniform.

The tunic is a replica but some of the insignia may be original- better pics are needed...

Default Re: Two SS uniforms. Original or fake? SS guard unit "Elbe¨ and A.H. italian style Mohnke's uniform.

Quote by Arran View Post
    The tunic is a replica but some of the insignia may be original- better pics are needed...
    Hello Arran, You're completely right. I had bad impression but I always prefer consult with people experimented. Thank You!

Quote by Arran View Post
    Mr. Arran knows his SS uniforms, and this piece shows next to no promise. The sources for high end black SS uniforms are very few. The rank patch does not look bad, but the cuff title may be a normal Allgemeine SS cuff title with the numeral removed and the "Elbe" Stickerei added. It is impossible to tell.
    A real uniform of this configuration, and the uniform itself is a fake, would be of astronomical value.

I remember a MAX or SOS some years ago walking bored around. I walked by a dealer that got a black TV Off jacket with SS-Totenkopfverbaende bullion title on it.
    I just passed by without taking a closer look as I thought another junk item. Two days later I heard there was a real one at the show and sold for decent price.
    That has nothing to do with this tunic above, but unrealistic chances are always behind in our daily life.

Quote by Robert H View Post
    I remember a MAX or SOS some years ago walking bored around. I walked by a dealer that got a black TV Off jacket with SS-Totenkopfverbaende bullion title on it.
    I just passed by without taking a closer look as I thought another junk item. Two days later I heard there was a real one at the show and sold for decent price.
    That has nothing to do with this tunic above, but unrealistic chances are always behind in our daily life.
    I saw photos of this tunic, as well. One can get very lucky, but the bulk of such things are junk. The SSTV HQ tunic seemed real to me as described by Robert.

I enjoy so much watching great collections in this forum. I began this hobby too late but I hope get a great SD officer's tunic some year... jeje

Quote by Guderian View Post
    I enjoy so much watching great collections in this forum. I began this hobby too late but I hope get a great SD officer's tunic some year... jeje
    I began too late, as well, but the date is relative, I think.

I had friends in the U.S. occupation in the reign of the black market prior to 1948 in western Germany in rubble who amassed collections, and that was the golden age as far as I am concerned.....

it would be nice to see better pictures of the insignia as previously noted.

other insignia have been remarked upon but, to my eyes, the k tab does not look correct with respect to the style (font) of the "k" itself. but, again, much better pics would be needed here. just too hard to make a call on these sorts of items which what images have been posted and, frankly, those who have already posted would do much better than i with those better images at hand.

I share your opinion. I said this because there are more fakes every year, and perfect the technique.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast