Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Types Materials for SS Visor Hats

Article about: Hello I start this thread because I need HELP with partition every materials for Visor Hats (now) which was used in 3R. I think that it will contribution for all, if help everyone who know.

Default re: Types Materials for SS Visor Hats

a nice catalog and also your 21st century attempt to re-create these books from the textile companies in which the patches of fabric were sold to the various tailors, or firms etc. I think you have most of the examples, really. Of course, the missing aspect is the tactile dimension, that is, what a given piece feels like to the touch. Also, the colors vary, too, since sometimes the electronic image does not capture all of the subtle-ness of the thing, itself. But I think your compendium is useful and important.

As concerns black peaked caps, the early caps, more or less prior to 1935 or so, had a particular kind of black melton wool of high quality which I have tried to illustrate elsewhere.

One day, the paths between Moravia and the new world will meet and you can photograph some of my things to get a clearer idea.

The tragedy of the internet is that one is so close and yet so far.

By the way, while I was in Vienna earlier this month, I was reading in the local paper about the revival of bespoke tailoring in the city that the old requirement for an apprentice tailor was......sage und schreibe........eight years. That is, before one had one's master's diploma as a member of the guild, if such were at all possible anyway....one had a training of eight years.

The things we look at were the product of such handicraft, and, in all likelihood, the fakes we struggle to avoid were made by people with far less training and skill.

The Schlicht/Angolia books in German describe the different types of textiles used in uniforms in the German terms. Since, dear Milan, you are in Europe, maybe there is a museum of textiles and tailoring in Praha or Wien that can give more detail, or there are tailoring books on same. I own some in German and they are helpful.

And write to Stezelberger and ask if he will sell some of his duplicates, too. He collects this stuff, I know.

Happy collecting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Types Materials for SS Visor Hats
    P
    Many

You should also go to the army museum in Vienna and talk to the uniform curator people and ask if they have any cloth sample books or know where they can be found in Austria. Also, there is a tailoring school in Trencin, SK, where Americans I knew in the region went to get their clothes made. Trencin is not too far from you, I think. Maybe someone there has an idea of original sources on this material.

Thanks for the nice compendium and expert photography.

Servus, FB

Hi Friedrich

big problem is, that i cant edit my posts and make corrections. I want work for this thread!

I think that its new here, on WAF isnt problem, meanwhile. I know that more members delete every informations and photos, but FREEDOM is OUT

Please every Administrators, unlock my posts for editing in this thread, for me .

Thanks All very much

It might not solve problem? but my thing is (GERMAN CRISPNESS) its a play on words if I have an Item that is in doubt I look for CRISPNESS and patina and I utilize ..............where did it come from? or how old it is or "how old do I think it is? we are all smart people but who is the cheater?

sorry I make life difficult"

Quote by milan12 View Post
    Hi Friedrich

big problem is, that i cant edit my posts and make corrections. I want work for this thread!

I think that its new here, on WAF isnt problem, meanwhile. I know that more members delete every informations and photos, but FREEDOM is OUT

Please every Administrators, unlock my posts for editing in this thread, for me .

Thanks All very much

.... Friedrich please

you think that in post no.6 are smaples of italian cloth wool?

How I identify it at 100%?

Quote by Cobra den Bien Phieu View Post

"sorry I make life difficult"
    more difficult than it cannot be

Sorry Gentleman I was Rambling !!!!!!!!!!! I Am no expert on textiles...
    again I apologies!!

Dear Milan, I cannot see the textiles in post 6. You need the help of the Waffen SS people here, of which I am not really one. My center of gravity is black uniforms.

In my experience, gabardine was a normal textile used in light weight headgear of the NSDAP (of which the SS was a part...) Gabardine is listed as a textile here. See this below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Types Materials for SS Visor Hats  

Here is a former cap of mine made of gabardine....This cap is now the property of Jeff Clark and is for sale....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Types Materials for SS Visor Hats  

Dear Adrian, the new stricture on editing does make work here sometimes difficult to add an extra thought or to include some more detail. Is there any way to change it? If there is some compelling reason for this change that I cannot adduce, please let me know. Our Moravian friend has made a nice tableau for us. I hope you are well.

Also, dear Milan, in your field grey wool section you have the Blusentuch/Einhietstuch caps mixed in with doeskin and also with what I think was called Eskimo, which was a highly fuzzy, heavy version of Blusentuch for winter wear and similar to Loden cloth, actually. I think they also used a version of Loden wool, too. I have one Pz army cap like that.
    I am sure you are now totally confused. One day I can show you all of this. The Wilkins book has an interpretation of these things. My family has a tradition in dry good, so I am interested in textiles.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast