Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Types Materials for SS Visor Hats

Article about: Hello I start this thread because I need HELP with partition every materials for Visor Hats (now) which was used in 3R. I think that it will contribution for all, if help everyone who know.

Default re: Types Materials for SS Visor Hats

Hi FB, I will have a fiddle around in the control panel. The latest version of the forum software we have installed might have altered things

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Types Materials for SS Visor Hats
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi FB, I will have a fiddle around in the control panel. The latest version of the forum software we have installed might have altered things

Cheers, Ade.
    Dear Friend, thank you. It is now very hard to add new data, a picture, or a second thought. I often go look up things and the new strictures make it hard to follow up. I hope you are well. Your site is flourishing as the others suffocate in rancor and name calling. Hurra!

For dear Milan, see pp. 12-63 of the Wilkins book. There is much there of great merit, even if the good author has some odd ideas about the SS Kleiderkasse. Nonetheless, there is a lot of valuable knowledge for all of us and much, much hard work in these pages. I do not know where you can get the Wilkins book in CZ, but I am sure you can use Amazon or order it from my friends in Berlin at the Zinnfigurenkabinett in Charlottenburg.

As concerns black trikot in uniforms, here is a clear image of a kind, but for a tunic....this is an especially fine Trikot typical of officer's tunics.

I do not have Milan's skill to manipulate these images.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Types Materials for SS Visor Hats  

This cap is made from an exceptionally find doeskin, which, I think, was also employed in the monkey jacket/evening wear ensemble.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Types Materials for SS Visor Hats  

This is a normal black officer's cap of later make and a couple of years younger than the cap above.

Its textile is rougher, slightly, a kind of doeskin, but with the addition of other fibers to the wool as was typical in the Four Year Plan ca. 1938/9.

This is the melton kind of wool used in early caps, that is more or less prior to about 1935 or so....superficially in images, one has much difficulty seeing these differences, but with direct handling as well as knowing the context of each piece, the differences emerge. This early melton wool seems to have been phased out for enlisted caps more or less in favor of trikot, I think. Such a statement is in the Bender books.
    Attached Images Attached Images Types Materials for SS Visor Hats 

This cap is made of more or less the same fabric as the enlisted cap above, and is a very, very early officer's cap.

This is the 08/15 black Trikot so familiar in most cases. I shall have to look for a better image. This is what I have at the moment.
    Attached Images Attached Images Types Materials for SS Visor Hats 

Boiled wool--uncommonly used for the body of a visor (more often for piping):

This is the fuzzier "tuch", which collectors are now referring to as Eskimo (but a term which Wilkins equates to doeskin):

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast