Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ulric of england

Article about: Apologies if this has been discussed before (couldn't find much on them through a search) but I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with this company? They deal online, by their own admission to

Default Ulric of england

Apologies if this has been discussed before (couldn't find much on them through a search) but I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with this company? They deal online, by their own admission to "upmarket clientele". Looks they have some nice SS pieces, but I'm loath to buy from the internet, especially with an unknown quantity.

Seems they've been around for a while and I do own a couple of their books, but have no idea on their actual reputation.

British Militaria, German Militaria, British medals, German medals - Ulric of England - Founded 1976

Any opinions from fellow collectors?

Cheers
    Mike

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ulric of england
    P
    Many

Browsing their site they look like a very high end dealership However I have never heard of them before.

Ulrich of England is, as said a very high end dealer (although many lay claim to that mantle!) who consequently charges high end prices. To be fair, their stock generally reflects this though being of high quality and rarity. Because of this they get a lot of "tyre kickers" who ask for better pic's of this and that and then proceed no further having cached the images for their own use. I have noticed that their stock appears to change slowly of late, and this could be due to market trends at the moment which are depressed.

There are plenty of other dealers who sell equally desirable and original items who have good reputations, and for less cost. If you decide to stick around here you can post anything you may wish to purchase for scrutiny by the knowledgeable members to examine and give a concise and reliable appraisal as to originality/condition/rarity or whether an item's a stinker. The giving out of values is not particularly encouraged though as these are very subjective.

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Well, if you can deal with them you are a better man than me.
    I tried to deal with them once, but gave up as I have never been spoke to so rudely in my entire life. I felt they had the view that they were better than me because I was only the customer.
    If I were to go into the amateur response I was given to a basic question I asked about a high end item, you'd actually wonder if they were militaria dealers at all.
    Im sure they do get allot of messers, but im afraid they called me wrong.

Mattty

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Well, if you can deal with them you are a better man than me.
    I tried to deal with them once, but gave up as I have never been spoke to so rudely in my entire life. I felt they had the view that they were better than me because I was only the customer.
    If I were to go into the amateur response I was given to a basic question I asked about a high end item, you'd actually wonder if they were militaria dealers at all.
    Im sure they do get allot of messers, but im afraid they called me wrong.

Mattty
    I've never had any dealings with them but i've heard of a few incidents like yours!...

?

Never dealt with them but they sound like a dealer for the millionaires with posh accents

Would rather deal with down to earth people that sell items at a true price,

Why do these Ulrich chaps act like snobs ?

Not sure, but its as though they cant be bothered with people anymore.

?

Quote by mattty01 View Post
    Not sure, but its as though they cant be bothered with people anymore.

Well imo they should close down & bugger off !

The prices are through the roof and always have been, their ridiculous all things considered. Upscale? Is that in his description some where?. Snobbery and Upscale can go hand in hand and using the word should not mean charging an exorbitant amount of money for something you can have at a lesser cost with a phone call or time and patience. Not sure what your looking at but I dont even scan that guys site anymore but most of it barring unique items can be had and the guy comes over here and haggles with his British Pound like he has not eaten in days and then go's home and pounds the currency, the the mark up and the client in the bum as the British say. Keep your back to the wall.

His books are good and does a nice job on those.

They informed me they have there customer base, and they are close to the extent they know the name of there cats.

I think that was a comment to basically say they didn't need customers like me.

Well Ulric of England, you obviously do because you still have the item I was interested in for sale!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast