Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ulrich Graf, the early years and Hitlers old fighters

Article about: by Nigel Lesgate Thanks for that info....exactly what I was wondering. The mindset and hostility that permeated those post war years created a broad umbrella of the 'guilt by association' fa

Default Ulrich Graf, the early years and Hitlers old fighters

Hi, I was asked to start a thread on Hitlers body guard Ulrich Graf. As most know, he was the man that stopped some hot lead from taking down Adolph Hitler on that fateful day in November, 1923. Maybe this thread can serve as an expose' of those early tough days for the party so please post pix you feel are most pertinent to the topic and not necessarily just Graf but maybe Grimminger, Himmler, Goering and others that fit near the center of the web so to speak. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ulrich Graf, the early years and Hitlers old fighters
    P
    Many

Thank you. A fine undertaking and one of great merit.

If I may suggest some other topics to tie into this--- Jakob Grimminger and the Blood Flag, Deutschland Erwache standards, Hitlers Mercedes 770K Grosser parade car, the very early party uniforms and insignia, kepi's, shirts, brassards, billie clubs, thumbscrews, dog muzzles, (LOL) and helmets for sure, the early important tinnies. Please think early, formative years (nothing later than '32-33) as a prerequisite for posts that may include his cronies or obscure associates not related necessarily to high profile nazi's per se....thanks!

The period you describe is referred to as the "Kampfzeit"/Time of Struggle, and these men were referred to as "Alte Kampfer"/Old Fighters in the wording of the time...I have this newspaper-clipping announcing a September 1924 Rally featuring Julius Streicher and Der Fuhrer as speakers...
    The topic was to be "National Betrayal in the Reichstag"...

cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ulrich Graf, the early years and Hitlers old fighters   Ulrich Graf, the early years and Hitlers old fighters  

Last edited by bigmacglenn; 12-14-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Here's a picture of Goering from around 1923. Before he put on all his weight

Bravo....I like how this is shaping up already!.....amazing shot of Grimminger. Incidently, to my knowledge, the Blood Flag was found in a trunk at the foot of his bed and was sold to an unknown collector in 1969...by his wife.
    Look at that helmet on Goering!....pretty funny.

?

Default Early Armband

- - ------- - -

Does anyone own an earlier brassard that has a static, not rolling swas? Just curious......

?

Early SS helmet (unit marked and named) mistakenly attributed to the SS-VT however photographic evidence shows this to be worn by Totenkopfstandarte and the Liebstandarte as well.

Attachment 609467

Attachment 609468

?

Early Liebstandarte Adolf Hitler transitional with hand rendered runes as it appears in period photographs.

Attachment 609469

Attachment 609470

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast