Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

unidentified SS patch

Article about: hi I just bought this for 100\\$ at a local antique store (the same one where in the past i have bought an iron cross second class which i think went to te same guy as this, a war merit third

Default Re: unidentified SS patch

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Can you provide any period photos or other reference evidence to support your view i have never seen such a trade patch for Officers ??

I beleive that the original badges were made in wire for wear on the Black uniform not for Officers but this was changed to white cotton thread once the Field grey uniform came into use !!
    I dont believe that in period photographs you would be able to distinguish between cloth and wire. I saw said example on a modern photo of a tunic; sadly I have been searching and searching without being able to find it. I am sure of its existence . But after D's and your points, I've come to the conclusion it's very possible that it was a postwar constructed tunic. I am man enough to admit when I am wrong......... Which I am. Thanks for the new information. I will continue search for the photo, and post it when found.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unidentified SS patch
    P
    Many

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4