Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Uniform removed SS lot...

Article about: Hello everyone, its been a little bit since I have been able to bring some cool stuff on here to show you. I just picked up this small lot this weekend and wanted some opinions on it. There

Default Uniform removed SS lot...

Hello everyone, its been a little bit since I have been able to bring some cool stuff on here to show you. I just picked up this small lot this weekend and wanted some opinions on it. There is a uniform removed sleve eagle, shoulder board, and collar tab. Holding them all in hand they are all similar condition and the uniform that is left on the eagle and the shoulder board look to be the same. This tells me they all came off the same uniform. The only problem with this is all of the pieces are very non standard. You have a the shoulder board with no piping, and an enlisted sleve eagle with officers insignia. This is where my question is. Is this something that could have been done very late war? All of the pieces appear to me to be late war but I do not know enought to know if this all could have actually been thrown together like this. It looks like a good possibility to me but wanted to open a discussion on it. Thank you all in advance for your responses!

Regards,

Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform removed SS lot...   Uniform removed SS lot...  

Uniform removed SS lot...   Uniform removed SS lot...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Uniform removed SS lot...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Uniform removed SS lot...

Very nice lot Jeff and all is looking good

?

Very nice lot Jeff

Thanks guys! If Ade, the Bob's, or HLP see this thread, can you guys let me know about the cloth that the Waffen-SS pieces are sewn on. Was this type of uniform material used late in the war? I have heard some arguments against it.

Jeff

What a great pick up Jeff ! Congrats

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I particularly like the sleeve eagle. And, yes-the cloth is proper.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Cloth looks OK to me?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I have seen the tread on the WAF, and I would not accept arguments about the eagle is reapplyed. IMO it's a period done. The materials used is fits to M 42 and M43 SS tunics, also the liner like this is obviously seen in a lot of period Heeres and SS examples
    Please see this tunic to compare the liner
    SS Hohenstaufen tunic
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks Dimas, I was getting frustrated with that thread on WAF. I don't mind conceeding against my gut but not for "just because". I will say it feels right in my hands and under magnification it looks good as well. I thought that the material looked like late war type that I had seen before I was just looking for some more learned confirmation. Thanks guys.

Jeff

A nice set of tunic removed insignia Jeff!
    It would have been nice to have the other shoulder board as well. I would be happy with them in my collection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)