Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942

Article about: Browsing through bpk I came across this interesting group of portraits showing the leaders of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) and its departments circa June 1942. We see August

?

Default Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942

Browsing through bpk I came across this interesting group of portraits showing the leaders of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) and its departments circa June 1942. We see August Frank and Georg Lorner as well as other high ranking officers of SS-WVHA. Very interesting to see the type of uniform fashion of the economic and business head of the SS. I would not have expected SS runes on the lower ranking officers in favor of blank tabs. The connection and control between the camp system and the WVHA would lead many of these men to their own dooms. Thanks.
    Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942
    Last edited by jHAM; 06-28-2013 at 10:52 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942
    P
    Many

Default Re: Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942

Thank you. Very interesting images, indeed.

Default Re: Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942

Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942The story of these men is contained in this primary source of note. These men could have also answered many questions as are posed here. Their silence is made all the more intriguing by their portraits.
    I also note the lack of uniformity in certain aspects of their uniforms, as well as the absence of cuff titles in some cases, as well.

I wonder if the blank collar patch for the RFSS and SS Hauptaemter was phased out by 1942?

Does one of you know?

Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942

?

Thanks F-B.
    As always I am thankful for your participation here. I wonder what cufftitle Georg Lorner is wearing.

The Avalon Project : The Pohl Case
    The link above connects to the indictment read at the USA v. Pohl et. al and is very interesting to read. It mentions most of these men pictured above. The Avalon project contains transcripts of the more famous Nuremberg Trials as well. Inside the testimony is one of the first postwar examinations of SS history and structure and also makes very interesting reading.

Nuremberg Trials Project -- Pohl Case Overview
    More from The Pohl case.
    Last edited by jHAM; 06-28-2013 at 11:40 PM.

?

"Reichsführung-SS", probably. There is a photo of Hans Kammler wearing it.

now they are top photos ... i would love to have and the tunics would help , i am sure they would have crossed pathes with the owner of this tunic at some stage

seems i wasted my time with this
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942  
    Last edited by hawkins; 06-29-2013 at 07:57 AM.

Quote by jHAM View Post
    Thanks F-B.
    As always I am thankful for your participation here. I wonder what cufftitle Georg Lorner is wearing.

The Avalon Project : The Pohl Case
    The link above connects to the indictment read at the USA v. Pohl et. al and is very interesting to read. It mentions most of these men pictured above. The Avalon project contains transcripts of the more famous Nuremberg Trials as well. Inside the testimony is one of the first postwar examinations of SS history and structure and also makes very interesting reading.

Nuremberg Trials Project -- Pohl Case Overview
    More from The Pohl case.
    Thank you for the additional and worthwhile material. The green book was the document prepared by the Pohl and co defendants to explain the roles and missions of the WVHA.

The characters portrayed above are quite scary looking which brings an extra coldness to the uniforms in study. Thankyou JHAM for posting the photos of these so called men. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942Pohl gets less attention than, say, Heydrich or Eicke, but he was as central to the SS state as any.

Uniform study of the SS-Wirtschafts-Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) circa June 1942Those with sufficient motivation and good Sitzfleisch are commended to this fine book, which I have often cited. This aspect of the SS interest me just as much as the Knight's Cross Rummel one reads about ad nauseum.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast