Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Uniformen: Uniforms of note from the Delich treasures, Part IV

Article about: Herewith from my senior mentor, David Delich, some samples of his many tunics, some known to you all via the Schiffer books, but also an assemblage of marvels, miracles, and magnificence.

Default Re: Uniformen: Uniforms of note from the Delich treasures, Part IV

FB, as always what comes from David is great to see. Mouth-watering. Some I have seen "life," when I was at
    David's house many, many years ago.
    Did not have the time to have a look sooner, as I am in the middle of negociations for a small exhibition of
    some of my Japanese female kimono (before I am breaking up 85% of this collection), sake-cups and Asian
    chopsticks.
    Give David my best regards as always!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Uniformen: Uniforms of note from the Delich treasures,  Part IV
    P
    Many

Once again, a real treat to see these treasures. Many thanks!

I have made all four threads regarding Dave's items as "sticky threads" so they can easily be viewed and not buried by newer threads.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Greetings F.B. My sincere thanks to Mr Delich for sharing such fascinating and rare items from his collection... a dream come true just to see photographs of these, along with other recent offerings. Also, thanks to you for your stimulating and always thought-provoking commentary as well as your experience, knowledge and guidance. I'm sure many observers of Mr Delich's collection are simply stunned into silence and rely on others to say those two simple words..... Mucho gracias. regards, Paul

The scope of my collection has pretty much remained at whatever I can find at flea markets and auctions. As such, my expertise does not match that of most of the people in this sub-forum. But I do enjoy seeing these things, and I do sit on the sidelines and read through all of the conversations that these kinds of threads produce. One day I would like to be able to point out something previously unseen on uniforms like these, or maybe make a useful comment that goes beyond "Nice tunics!". Don't worry FB, I learn a little bit more with each of these threads. One day I will have SS cloth in my collection, and I will be able to compare and contrast like the rest of you.

Hi, you usually never find posts from my behalf on these topics, but simply because i do not understand and do not know anything about SS Regalia. Im not someone who just replys "oh, thats an original SS Tunic, an original example" after many others have replyed before me. I refrain myself from making such comments because i do not know anything about it, because it is not my field. I do not make critics, bad or good just by making them. If i like something i cannot force others to like it as well..... I have created a lot of topics and threads and in those, there are always two or three members that look but never comment and also never thank for the creation of the topic. Will i force them to? No. will i force them to thank? No.

However i do admire the design, great work and material used in these uniforms, those are very beautiful. And please thank Mr Delich for allowing us to admire such items.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Although I do not actively collect SS items I have been following your threads with keen interest and pleasure knowing full well that without the generosity of Mr Delich I would most likely never have been able to see any of these great pieces of history that you have posted here. My thanks goes out to Mr Delich and yourself for allowing us all a glimpse into this fantastic collection. I for one would be most grateful for any further threads you would be able to start showing more of these truly rare and wonderful SS regalia. I apologize for not having before expressed my appreciation to either of you gentlemen on allowing us to be able to view these delights, but I am truly under qualified to comment on any of the items shown or to fully relay my appreciation on this matter. On behalf of everyone on this forum I would like to say thank you to the both of you gentlemen and ask that you continue to enthrall us with these threads.

Tom

I am with the above quit SS 30 yrs ago but I have seen Mr. Delich pictures of items not necessarily the ones shown I think in books in past and I can't remember if he authored some SS books or not but It is quite a thing to see such high quality stuff the small collector will never see without the gracious of yourself and he Thanks for showing it. timothy

?

would love to see interior and detailed pictures
    these are kind of the best items ive seen )

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5