Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Uniformen: Uniforms of note from the Delich treasures, Part IV

Article about: Herewith from my senior mentor, David Delich, some samples of his many tunics, some known to you all via the Schiffer books, but also an assemblage of marvels, miracles, and magnificence.

?

Default Re: Uniformen: Uniforms of note from the Delich treasures, Part IV

I find these images just stunning. Rare tunics like these are not shown anywhere else and its a pleasure seeing them. I like to think people have words to describe their feelings when it comes to such terrible things like cutting up a uniform and cant when they are shown such amazing items. Like me who was speechless when shown these items. I use the word "Stunning" too much but these tunics are by far some of nicest I have ever seen.

Uniformen: Uniforms of note from the Delich treasures,  Part IVUniformen: Uniforms of note from the Delich treasures,  Part IVUniformen: Uniforms of note from the Delich treasures,  Part IVUniformen: Uniforms of note from the Delich treasures,  Part IV

Thanks to Mr.Delich for showing them. I wish I knew him to thank him personally.
    Pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Uniformen: Uniforms of note from the Delich treasures,  Part IV
    P
    Many

Thank you, Patrick, my censure was not directed at you, of course, as you are generous and polite with praise as befits your excellent upbringing.

Others should well emulate your example, but they chose not to, for their own reasons.

I send these things on to Dave Delich, and he has already appreciated your kind thoughts.

- - Updated - -

Your collage is very good, Patrick. Very refined.

I really appreciate it, thanks for posting and it's an impressive collection.
    I am speechless that I cannot think of anything more to say.

Quote by Kevin Grootaers View Post
    I really appreciate it, thanks for posting and it's an impressive collection.
    I am speechless that I cannot think of anything more to say.
    I am sure Mr. Delich will be grateful, and in such a mood, will be inclined to reveal more treasures from his collection to your betterment and the knowledge of young collectors the world over.

?

To have amassed such a refined collection of regalia must have taken many years of patience, study and research my compliments to Mr. Delich !!!!
    I understand very little about the finer points of SS regalia as they are not something that I have studied or researched but can appreciate them all the same and hold them in the likes of admiring fine art in a museum.
    Of particular interest to me is the white or cream colored SS-Obergrupperfuhrer uniform with the many award and bar loops and I can only speculate and or imagine which awards were worn on this fine tunic and would appreciate any Information or History that Mr Delich would be willing to share with us concerning the military history of this officer if he can.

Regards Mark K

it has all ways puzzled me with the himmler tunic . there was only this one found and not any others . same with Reinhard Heydrich

Quote by hawkins View Post
    it has all ways puzzled me with the himmler tunic . there was only this one found and not any others . same with Reinhard Heydrich
    Neither your nor I can explain such things, other than a simple fact too easily overlooked in the metier of the present and its myopia: in the spring of 1945 more people considered this stuff to be junk than a trophy, a souvenir, or a thing of any merit.
    Rather, as concerns all the Germans I have known with first hand experience of life and limb at war's end, the most important response to any SS regalia in May 1945 for those still alive in Germany was to destroy it as quickly as possible.
    Such happened in the years following 1945, as well.

Hence, the things we see in photographs all likely quickly were turned to ashes and dust by those desperate to survive.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-13-2013 at 03:32 AM.

David Delich, to his great credit, from the 1950s onwards has collected this material which he shares here with us all. He was able to find through luck and good fortune items that did not land on the bonfire of post war Germany or get shredded somehow in the decades since.

I have corresponded with Dave but have never had the opportunity to meet him. His SS collection is world class and incorporates some of the rarest material that will ever be seen in a private collection. To my knowledge, he owns the only known genuine example of the "Charlamagne" cufftitle that I picked up in the early 1960's in a deceased vet's lot. It was unknown at the time that it was such a rare bird and I sold it for some paltry sum. Please give Dave my warm thoughts for sharing his wonderful items.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I refrain from comment on the SS forum mainly due to my own ignorance, as SS is not an area I study or collect. My area of study is Hitler Jugend. I do appreciate the owner of the material allowing it to be shown and you for posting the photos Friedrich, as I do understand the significance of the material and do express my thanks to the both of you.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast