Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Uniformen: Uniforms of note from the Delich treasures, Part IV

Article about: Herewith from my senior mentor, David Delich, some samples of his many tunics, some known to you all via the Schiffer books, but also an assemblage of marvels, miracles, and magnificence.

Default Re: Uniformen: Uniforms of note from the Delich treasures, Part IV

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    The reason for my being on the above list of those that have viewed the Delich collection threads but not responded to them up until now (except for some "likes" and a few indirect responses) is basically the same as that stated by Frank Booth and helmetone:

I felt myself not qualified to make a truly meaningful statement. I have always been interested in the SS as such and also in the study of its uniforms and insignia, but the latter only in an admittedly "theoretical" way insofar as I do not collect SS regalia.

My lack of comments should certainly not be taken as a sign of disinterest or complete ignorance of the fact that this is remarkable material.

So, let me make up by saying that I enjoyed these threads very much that I also count myself among those who would appreciate seeing more.
    Dear Friend, my comment was not directed at you or really anyone else who replied here. It is directed at others, in fact, and stems in part from two facts: a.) another, idiotic thread elsewhere that made me furious with the import of the Wehrmacht Awards Forum drivel, whereby a torrent of posters eventuated and b.) there is regularly a dearth of response to good material and too much response to things that deserve either little or no attention.

HP2008 is perhaps the most civic minded person here, whose character and intellect have enriched us all.

Thanks.

I would observe that our goal is to solicit better material and a discussion that is worthy of that material which in turn attracts others.

There are other senior collectors who do not post their material, and in a cultivated environment, we are more likely to provide a venue for others.

In my experience, this has generally not worked very well, with the high points being fewer recently and the low points becoming more frequent.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Uniformen: Uniforms of note from the Delich treasures,  Part IV
    P
    Many

?

I am far from knowledgeable on these matters, so have refrained from commenting, but have read each of the successive threads posted by Mr Friedrich-Berthold on Mr Delich’s collection with great interest and pleasure. I noted especially in this current thread the Italian SS Hauptsturmfuhrer’s uniform, which I imagine must incredibly rare or even unique. If an opportunity ever arises, I’d be very interested to see that item in more detail. I wonder also if it would be appropriate to ask for a little more on the background story of how Mr Delich came to accumulate such a wealth of extraordinary items? I dare say this is well known to seasoned collectors but those less knowledgeable – like myself – would benefit.

CBH
    ?

Please thank Mr Delich from all of us who are lucky enough to view such treasures . Many would never see anything of the like in their lives , if it wasn't for the both of you . And I for one am thankful . I consider myself out of my depth , as to commenting on some of these items . I'm just happy to know that they survived the ravages of time . I do seem to remember some of your comments in the thread that caused you to become so upset . And I was very happy to have my response deleted in such great company . Thank you for everything you do for this forum , we are all better for your presents here .
    Cheers !

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    I am far from knowledgeable on these matters, so have refrained from commenting, but have read each of the successive threads posted by Mr Friedrich-Berthold on Mr Delich’s collection with great interest and pleasure. I noted especially in this current thread the Italian SS Hauptsturmfuhrer’s uniform, which I imagine must incredibly rare or even unique. If an opportunity ever arises, I’d be very interested to see that item in more detail. I wonder also if it would be appropriate to ask for a little more on the background story of how Mr Delich came to accumulate such a wealth of extraordinary items? I dare say this is well known to seasoned collectors but those less knowledgeable – like myself – would benefit.
    Thanks. I will ask him for more of the provenance of some of these things.

Quote by CBH View Post
    Please thank Mr Delich from all of us who are lucky enough to view such treasures . Many would never see anything of the like in their lives , if it wasn't for the both of you . And I for one am thankful . I consider myself out of my depth , as to commenting on some of these items . I'm just happy to know that they survived the ravages of time . I do seem to remember some of your comments in the thread that caused you to become so upset . And I was very happy to have my response deleted in such great company . Thank you for everything you do for this forum , we are all better for your presents here .
    Cheers !
    Thanks. I am not soliciting thanks for myself, but it is something of a coup to attract the pillars of the regalia world to this biotope.

I have also seen how persons of merit are driven away by those whose only role here has been to cast dirt, or persons of lesser merit and great affect bend and twist things to a less edifying goal.

The twists and turns of the 21st century pose a real challenge to me, but Delich's collection is a monument to the 20th century pioneers in this field, without whom we would have less than nothing.

Look, if you will, in the internet chasm for real things, and you won't find them all that easily if at all......What you do find is a pile of junk, which is very hard to sort through if you are a beginner.

We are at pains to enable the beginner to do better.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 04-13-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Thank you very much for sharing these stunning tunics with us FB.And please send a very warm thank you to the owner for letting us see his lovely treasures !

Quote by Badto666 View Post
    Thank you very much for sharing these stunning tunics with us FB.And please send a very warm thank you to the owner for letting us see his lovely treasures !
    My thanks. I pass along the thread to the owner, and he is a gracious man who is much gratified by such interest in his remarkable property, which via this medium, is seen by thousands.

And such seeing is many times better than the average post of a fake "scull;" or a false cry of outrage about life's manifest injustices; or the inner secrets of "crimped prongs"; or "crushers" run wild... and perga perga......

Absolutely beautiful pieces, thank you FB and David.

Hello FB, I am very pleased to have just encountered this thread. Due to a multitude of life responsibilities I rarely have the time or opportuniy to frequent this forum but on the rare occasion when I do it is always a pleasure to be amongst knowledgable and respectful collectors. As several others here, I have had the good fotune to be in contact with Mr. Delich but never the honor to meet in person. These images are truly striking and my gratitude goes to you for posting such exqisite treasures from Dave's collection. Your personal postings as well as your actions as a conduit for Mr.Delich serve as a great asset to the collecting community and is greatly appreciated.

Although SS items are not something that I collect,however if I had access to more funds I am sure that a few would find their way into my collection. I am very interested to expand my knowledge of all aspects of both 3rd Reich and Soviet items. As such i can only give thanks to dedicated collectors such as FB and Mr Delich for allowing me to study items such as those shown and in some small measure increase my knowledge of items such as these which I doubt i would ever have the chance to consider otherwise .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast