Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unissued SS collar tab

Article about: I have an SS collar tab I picked up from my dealer last week. Authenticity is not a question, I just wanted to know if you guys thought I was tunic removed or unissued. The edges are frayed

Default Unissued SS collar tab

I have an SS collar tab I picked up from my dealer last week. Authenticity is not a question, I just wanted to know if you guys thought I was tunic removed or unissued. The edges are frayed in some spots, but I don't see any evidence of it ever being sewn onto a uniform. If it is unissued, is it possible this is one of the tabs from the Dachau horde?

Thanks, Warbuff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unissued SS collar tab   Unissued SS collar tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unissued SS collar tab
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a nice un-issued original tab with some insect damage.

Thanks for the reply!

Cheers, Warbuff

aside from the moth damage its a nice one.

?

Nice one, for some reason I like the white backed ones.

Original Bevo tab. Those moth bites aren't too bad.

this is my first SS item, so I'm glad I did well. the BeVo made tabs are my favorite.

Your instincts were correct. This tab was never sewn onto a tunic, and it is indeed a Dachau tab. Like you, I appreciate the aesthetics of the BEVO collar tabs. It's the uniformity of the stitching that does it for me -- they just look so neat and tidy! Welcome to the obsession that is SS militaria collecting. This may be your first SS piece, but I'm fairly certain it won't be your last!

Quote by daveward View Post
    Your instincts were correct. This tab was never sewn onto a tunic, and it is indeed a Dachau tab. Like you, I appreciate the aesthetics of the BEVO collar tabs. It's the uniformity of the stitching that does it for me -- they just look so neat and tidy! Welcome to the obsession that is SS militaria collecting. This may be your first SS piece, but I'm fairly certain it won't be your last!
    Haha...I know, I already have plans to acquire my 2nd tab.

Quote by warbuff View Post
    Haha...I know, I already have plans to acquire my 2nd tab.
    It's an addiction! There's no hope for you now, I'm afraid...