MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

unknown ss tinnie real or fantasy?

Article about: here is an interesting litlle tinnie/pin. non magnetic (probably brass) stamped construction has sig runes with inscription "N.S.D. 8.4.34." is it real or a fantasy piece, and if r

Default unknown ss tinnie real or fantasy?

here is an interesting litlle tinnie/pin.
    non magnetic (probably brass) stamped construction

has sig runes with inscription "N.S.D. 8.4.34."

is it real or a fantasy piece, and if real what would be the value on a little bit like this?
    thanks
    -sean
    unknown ss tinnie real or fantasy?unknown ss tinnie real or fantasy?
    added new pic with straight up and down orientation
    Last edited by clarksvillestamps; 09-10-2010 at 02:21 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unknown ss tinnie real or fantasy?
    P
    Many

Default Re: unknown ss tinnie real or fantasy?

I'm not too sure what to say about this one, but I dont actually think that it has anything to do with the SS, but I do see why you think that it does. The "runes" on it look more like a backwards facing N with another piece with a 45 degree point at each end going through it It would be interesting to find out what this actually is.

Thanks

Danny

this is a stahlhelmbund tiny this is what the nsd tells you on the tiny it self, they made a lot of things like this one for many different activitys, just to show an stahlhelmbund tiny whit the nsd
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unknown ss tinnie real or fantasy?  

and i think it means nationaler stahlhelm deutschland but not shure if right

?

first one i ever saw ?

I would think this is a fantasy piece. The SS looks oddly shaped. I have never seen anything like it.

i have one of those "SS" items,,,it is actually a stick pin,so the poster's pic is missing it,,,it is an original of the period...i will see if i can find a pic of mine and post it...

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    I'm not too sure what to say about this one, but I dont actually think that it has anything to do with the SS, but I do see why you think that it does. The "runes" on it look more like a backwards facing N with another piece with a 45 degree point at each end going through it It would be interesting to find out what this actually is.

Thanks

Danny
    gasmasks looks to be correct in that it is not a pair of sig runes... it looks to be a "wolfsangel" rune, specifically the "werewolf" variant. here is an image of the werewolf rune as used on the 2nd ss panzer division crest

i still have no real clue as to the event this was made for as the date has no correlation to any major events... although if it is august 4 1934, it is 2 days AFTER adolf became fuhrer. just more food for thought

?

I believe the date is actually April 8 1934 as the day/month/year format was typically used on these pieces. Could this of been handed out during a meeting or rally pertaining to the eventual transfer of control of the Gestapo from Goring to Himmler (April 20th)? Just a thought....

Quote by clarksvillestamps View Post
    gasmasks looks to be correct in that it is not a pair of sig runes... it looks to be a "wolfsangel" rune, specifically the "werewolf" variant. here is an image of the werewolf rune as used on the 2nd ss panzer division crest

i still have no real clue as to the event this was made for as the date has no correlation to any major events... although if it is august 4 1934, it is 2 days AFTER adolf became fuhrer. just more food for thought

I agree - This is the symbol represented - not 'SS'.

The date will be of significance, so someone will know........... !
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast