Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unusual Latvian volunteer sleeve shield

Article about: Hello dear experts, Please, need your opinion about this sleeve shield. What do you think, this is original sleeve shield or fake? Thank you

Default Unusual Latvian volunteer sleeve shield

Hello dear experts,
    Please, need your opinion about this sleeve shield. What do you think, this is original sleeve shield or fake? Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Latvian volunteer sleeve shield
    P
    Many

I've seen them with a white sewn on diagonal bar but never seen one like this, maybe field made?...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I've seen them with a white sewn on diagonal bar but never seen one like this, maybe field made?...
    May be, I saw only just like you

Look what I found - stripe on this shield is very similar to stripe on this german chevron. What do you think folks?

CBH
    ?

There is a very similar example shown in Angolia's "Cloth Insignia of the SS" pg 350 . It is stated to be a hand made type , using Luftwaffe style tress , it is made on a piece of a German postcard . If that helps .
    Cheers Chris

Quote by CBH View Post
    There is a very similar example shown in Angolia's "Cloth Insignia of the SS" pg 350 . It is stated to be a hand made type , using Luftwaffe style tress , it is made on a piece of a German postcard . If that helps .
    Cheers Chris
    Thank you so much, can you scan this page for me and for others?

CBH
    ?

I don't think they like books scans being posted on the site , besides I don't have a scanner . I'll try and get a photo of it and PM it to you .

Quote by CBH View Post
    I don't think they like books scans being posted on the site , besides I don't have a scanner . I'll try and get a photo of it and PM it to you .
    Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

A lot of these volunteer sleeve insignia were field made, this one can be field made as well. These Baltic SS volunteers often did not have proper uniforms and insignia. Howver they were very proud to fight the Russian communists and wanted to show there roots. These shields were very important to them and they often made them theirselves. If the material could be wartime I would accept the shield as original.
    Paul

Quote by Phil Beekmeijer View Post
    A lot of these volunteer sleeve insignia were field made, this one can be field made as well. These Baltic SS volunteers often did not have proper uniforms and insignia. Howver they were very proud to fight the Russian communists and wanted to show there roots. These shields were very important to them and they often made them theirselves. If the material could be wartime I would accept the shield as original.
    Paul
    Thank you so much for your reply.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast