Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unusual SS tabs

Article about: Some odd looking SS runed tabs I've come across over the years in texts. First one is from from an Osprey Men at Arms book on the Waffen SS. The caption says "typical manufacture"

Unusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsA picture of part of my library. These are published in Germany prior to May 1945.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual SS tabs
    P
    Many

Other books. Some old, but I am not sure what distinguishes an old book on this site. Unusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabs

Unusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsThis is where I find old books in Berlin. Bottom right.

Since I am a teacher, in fact, I would say that for many Unusual SS tabsyoung persons in my orbit, any book is considered somehow old.
    Such is a function of how machines are or are not transforming knowledge, or, at least, the perception of knowledge among
    some.
    I have my own very strong opinions about all of this, but I am old and in the minority.
    This site manifests this transformation of knowledge, especially in the dimension that those young persons who pose questions to us
    may not readily recognize what effort originally went into the creation of such knowledge in a time of less swift communication....

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Since
    Such is a function of how machines are or are not transforming knowledge, or, at least, the perception of knowledge among
    some.
    A computer is no more a substitute for knowledge than a pencil is for literacy.

It appears I should have clarified my comment concerning errors in some of our hobby-related books...I'm referring to instances where, for example, an EKI is referred to as an EKII (As in "Fighting Men of WWII-Axis Forces, David Miller 2007), or when we encounter the Panzer MkIV referred to as a Tiger, or when an M40 Stahlhelm is labeled an M35...
    I am definitely not referring to period source material...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by texasuberalles View Post
    A computer is no more a substitute for knowledge than a pencil is for literacy.
    Bravo. A magisterial statement.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    It appears I should have clarified my comment concerning errors in some of our hobby-related books...I'm referring to instances where, for example, an EKI is referred to as an EKII (As in "Fighting Men of WWII-Axis Forces, David Miller 2007), or when we encounter the Panzer MkIV referred to as a Tiger, or when an M40 Stahlhelm is labeled an M35...
    I am definitely not referring to period source material...
    cheers, Glenn
    A fine statement by one of our finest members.

...or when "Allgemeine SS" Unusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabsUnusual SS tabs is applied as a term to cover the SS Verfuegungstruppe and the SS Totenkopfverbaende, one of my recent pet peeves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2