Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Variation bevo eagle

Article about: Hello I have this interesting bevo eagle that seems to represent a tropical eagle but is darker and slightly smaller. Does anyone have any ideas as to its purpose? Thanks Felix

Default Variation bevo eagle

Hello I have this interesting bevo eagle that seems to represent a tropical eagle but is darker and slightly smaller. Does anyone have any ideas as to its purpose?
    Thanks
    Felix
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Variation bevo eagle   Variation bevo eagle  

Variation bevo eagle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Variation bevo eagle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Variation bevo eagle

I was thinking whether it might be a cap eagle. although it does not show on the photo, the eagle is actually a bit darker

2 SS tropical armeagles.

It is an original tropical sleeve eagle of the socalled " Bell-bottom " style , these were indeed of a darker ( mustard ) colour - and are harder to find than other tropical ones .
    This style was also used for grey ( rare ) & flatwire sleeve eagles .
    It doesn't show on my picture because of the angle , but it is a little smaller than the other 2 ..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Variation bevo eagle  

Thank you very much for your help. I was wondering though, why are tropical cap eagles so much cheaper than standard?

I can't speak for the absolute numbers found at the depots in 1945 , but IMHO there is simply more use for " regular " eagles - most of those will already have found their way to complete stripped ( or fake ) tunics .
    These ones can only be used for tropical outfits . Same goes for the tropical cloth TK's , though apparently far fewer tropical CAP-eagles were ever found - they are still quite rare ..