Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Very Early Standartenfuhrer Collar Tabs

Article about: F-B's recent post of this portrait of Schreck shows what is probably the earliest form of tabs for Standartenfurer. They can be seen again in this portrait of Wilhelm Dreher. Both pics are c

Very Early Standartenfuhrer Collar TabsFor those who do not know, the man above is Flugkapitaen Baur, the storied pilot of Hitler, himself.

He wrote a memoir once it was all over.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very Early Standartenfuhrer Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

Thanks for Mr. Wim and Mr. d'Alquen for the further enlightenment. Uniformkunde takes many turns.

?

Thank you for another wonderful thread from our own murderer's row Wim, d'alquen, HPL2008, F-B and of course Mr. Delich. I often think how lucky I am to listen in and even participate in the conversation with such distinguished and qualified folks. Thank you all very much.
    Very Early Standartenfuhrer Collar TabsVery Early Standartenfuhrer Collar Tabs

d'Alquen, is it possible the photo from Schreck has been "photoshopped" in those days,
    starting early this thread (post 1), in relation to the leaf upon the collar-patch?? Are there
    more photos of him where you can see this leaf being worn. The other photo shows the
    leaf as such was worn indeed. But my question is about Schreck.
    Many years ago (30 or so) it was told to me this could be done. There also exists the exact
    same photo of him with a pip next to the leaf, the pip was anyway "photoshopped". I had
    this photo, but cannot find it.
    Maybe it was only the pip what was added by "photoshopping" and not related to the leaf
    at all!!

It is for sure Bauer did wear his Lufthansa-uniform into late 1933 anyway or early 1934. I
    have a photo of him. Later he did wear the black and field-grey SS uniform. I also must have
    a photo of that, but cannot find it. My photos are a mess. I thought I used it in a book, but
    I cannot remember in which??
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 08-30-2015 at 04:00 PM.

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post

It is for sure Bauer did wear his Lufthansa-uniform into late 1933 anyway or early 1934. I
    have a photo of him. Later he did wear the field-grey SS uniform. I also must have a photo
    of that, but cannot find it. My photos are a mess. I thought I used it in a book, but I cannot
    remember in which??
    Vol. 4 of the "Headgear" series has a picture of Baur in grey SS service dress (it's on page 18). A different one is in the "Lufthansa" book (on page 57).

Photographs were retouched routinely in the early 20th century, i.e. the rank changed on collar patches, decorations added etc.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Vol. 4 of the "Headgear" series has a picture of Baur in grey SS service dress (it's on page 18). A different one is in the "Lufthansa" book (on page 57).
    HPL2008: thanks. From the Lufthansa-book, I know (see also the same book page 178. This was one of the last,
    official photos where he was wearing the Lufthansa-uniform), but I forgot where I showed the field-grey SS.
    Will scan them (tomorrow) and show for the interest of the readers.

The Deutsche Wochenschau with Hitler in the air to the front at various times included Baur in a field grey uniform.

Wim,
    No, the photo in post #1 and the close-up of the tab are from the original glass negative. Here is another shot from that photo session showing the tab, again this is from the glass negative so no retouching. The collection of Hoffmann negatives was returned to the Bayerische Staatsbibliotek by the US government many years ago.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very Early Standartenfuhrer Collar Tabs  

Nice photo. Maybe I mixed up Schreck with somebody else. I am not that good with faces.
    Bever was!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast