Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Vintage and maker of Allgemeine SS OR visor

Article about: Gentlemen, I kept wondering for some time now about the approxiamte vintage and perhaps the maker of that Allgemeine visor. Find pictures coming up.

?

Default Re: Vintage and maker of Allgemeine SS OR visor

What struck me immediately was the stitching of the shield. Not a typical Pekuro method. However, the stirndruckfrei design was not exclusive to Pekuro and/or was licensed out to other suppliers.

This type of sweatband is easy to transplant into other caps but so long as the stitching all seems genuine, I see no cause to doubt the cap. Actually, I think I have a cap here that matches the features of this one. I will dig it out to compare.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Vintage and maker of Allgemeine SS OR visor
    P
    Many

?

This cap shares some similar features. The stirndruckfrei band and the rather large shield with the zig zag stitching. Marked Handwerkliche Qualitats Arbeit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vintage and maker of Allgemeine SS OR visor  

Interesting to see! That could definitely be the same type of sweatshield. It is hadr to see: is the marking embossed on the shield or printed on the lining?
    The zig-zag stitches also seem a bit narrower. But you are right - the features match

?

Sadly, I do not own the cap I posted photos of. The one I own that I thought was similar is not really and would only confuse the discussion.

I see. Well, then. I think we got some good input on the cap I presented. Thanks to everybody who contributed so far!

Additional info: the cap starting this thread is currently for auction at ebay.de.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2