Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Visor Cap

Article about: Hello, Annoyed from this ads?   This cap came out of an old collection and was shown here on the Forum some time ago. I would like to share better Pictures of this cap. Please have a lo

?

Default Visor Cap

Hello,

This cap came out of an old collection and was shown here on the Forum some time ago. I would like to share better Pictures of this cap.

Please have a look at this one. If any additional Pictures are needed please let me know.

Best Regards

Visor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor Cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visor Cap
    P
    Many

Very nice piece from a very sound source. Very rare.

Visor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapWe have analyzed these ca. 193X or whenever caps at some length in other threads.

I was just about to comment on this one as I liked it and saw FB'S post so if you have his blessing you have all you need to know. After 60 some years I am starting to see what a lot of real ones look like as apposed to reference books years ago not they are wrong but that is this beauty of forums like this one. timothy

awesome!

?

A true gem in any ww2 collection.

?

Just curious about this and being former Marine and dealing in military alignment. Why is the the cap eagle in a different location in every pic? Is somebody taking these off and checking the markings and then putting them back incorrectly?

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Hi AzPhil,

The cap eagle is not well fixed. One Splint is bent. I think the eagle was replaced some time.

The cap is a rare, original of a kind seldom seen. The fact that the badge is akimbo is hardly germane to this discussion, is it?

Congratulations to the new owner.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-20-2014 at 02:45 PM.

?

Thank you all for your Kind words and thank you Friedrich Berthold for posting some more Pictures of similar caps.

I did some more Research about the size stamp and the maker. I think the maker of the cap could be Clemens Wagner. I've a WH Artillery Visor dated 1938 made by Clemens Wagner and the cap Shows similar Details in construction and shape.

And i found a lot of Black caps stamped with the maker 4 (Clemens Wagner) which are showing the similar Font of the Size stamp like the VT cap i posted.

SS Logo is the same - Size stamp of the black caps is different from the VT caps - Shows the later classical Clemens Wagner size stamp.

Visor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor Cap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast