Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Visor Cap

Article about: Hello, Annoyed from this ads?   This cap came out of an old collection and was shown here on the Forum some time ago. I would like to share better Pictures of this cap. Please have a lo

?

Some more

SS Logo is a Little bit different from the VT caps - Size stamp Shows the same style of font like the VT caps.

Visor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor CapVisor Cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Visor Cap
    P
    Many

Visor CapVisor CapFor your picture essay, an exception, August Mueller.

- - ------- - -

This is the only grey cap of this type I have ever seen with an RZM tag.

Visor CapVisor CapVisor Capand I own what I think are three (3) pre 1939 grey SS officer's caps, and they have the marks and stamps, but none has an RZM tag. I have no idea who made these caps, either.

?

Thank you Mr. Berthold for the additional Pictures.

Yes i think most of the Grey caps had no RZM Tag. But if you compare the Grey VT caps to the Black caps with RZM tag you'll find similar construction Details and also similar styles of font used for the cap size stamps, similar runes etc.
    I compared my cap to a few black caps with RZM tag (Maker 4 = Clemens Wagner). They Show all the same style of font used for the size on my cap. So i guess my cap was made by Clemens Wagner too.

As an example if you compare Black caps made by August Müller or Heinrich Wille you'll find different size stamps and runes then on the Clemens Wagner caps.

Best Martin

Visor CapThe only RZM tag in a grey cap known to me.... A 2 143 Mueller, Muenchen...
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-27-2014 at 07:05 AM.

I understand the empirical approach to compare one thing to another and to draw some conclusions, but I am more skeptical about the empiricism and its results.

I own two well used grey officer's caps of early make, and one mint one still in the box. None has a tag. I would have thought that, had these things such tags, the one in the box, which is little used
    would still be complete. It has no tag and shows no sign of ever having a tag. Fluke?

The major criteria for me, if a cap is to join my collection. are its authenticity, rarity and more or less condition. These caps are very rare, and hence I am tolerant of their heavy use versus the fetish of the un used item.

In the beginning of my collecting life in the 1960s, one of my mentors regaled me with tales of grey caps with the runic interior, which are much more rare than the black caps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2