Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Volunteer Shield ...not sure if real or not ...just found whilst clearing out draws at home..

Article about: hi ....can someone please advise if genuine or not , and what country this volunteer SS shield represents...thanks steve

Default Volunteer Shield ...not sure if real or not ...just found whilst clearing out draws at home..

hi ....can someone please advise if genuine or not , and what country this volunteer SS shield represents...thanks steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Volunteer Shield ...not sure if real or not ...just found whilst clearing out draws at home..   Volunteer Shield ...not sure if real or not ...just found whilst clearing out draws at home..  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volunteer Shield ...not sure if real or not ...just found whilst clearing out draws at home..
    P
    Many

Its Estonia, dont know if its genuine though, wait for the experts.

For comparison: The Collector's Guild

Looks good

Here is my example

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Volunteer Shield ...not sure if real or not ...just found whilst clearing out draws at home..  Volunteer Shield ...not sure if real or not ...just found whilst clearing out draws at home.. 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

looks the same as Nicks.

...I am a happy chap !! cant even remember getting it !!! :-)

you can't beat a happy chappy.lol

I do not want to sow confusion but both your shields looks like very good copies made in Poland.

Rekonstrukcja sklep internetowy

The Polish copies are not the same as the ones shown here. Note the black backing material. The Polish copies are done on a felt like material.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

This is an original, but sewn on the wrong side of the cloth- not the black border on the back is smooth, while the border on the front is textured. The reverse is true for the correctly made shield shown below it...