Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

W-SS tunic in salty cond.

Article about: I would really like to see them, DDavies. Let me know when you get them in the mail. Late war items can get pretty controversial. I wonder how many other items have been deemed bad due to th

?

Dean you lucky Dog. First with the Panzer Beret a while ago and now a $300 SS tunic....cmon man, shoot some of that luck over to me! Congrats

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement W-SS tunic in salty cond.
    P
    Many

?

hehe, thanks Bill. it was just one of those things, i guess. right place, right time! i only brought $100 with me to the flea market, so i gave the guy $50 to hold it while i literally RAN three miles to and then from my house to get the rest of the cash! i nearly passed out. when i got back, i couldnt find his booth cause its a huge place, so i started panicking..i thought he left cause it was late and people were packing up. mi told him id be an hour and it was just past that when i got there.! then i realized i was on the wrong aisle! i was relieved to say the least! i had to pawn my gold chain to have enough cash to get through the week. if my wife knew i spent all my cash id get beat up!

So you can refer to it now, here is the page I speak of. Their is more on the collar tab, too, but I'm pressed for time. You do, however, need to get the set. Best purchase thus far. The information is precise and invaluable, too. I can go on and on about the book, but all you really need to know is that it's a must, promise.

Note, I apologize the copy didn't come out in the best of quality, I was rushed.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-13-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Quote by Bill T View Post
    Dean you lucky Dog. First with the Panzer Beret a while ago and now a $300 SS tunic....cmon man, shoot some of that luck over to me! Congrats
    Isn't he, it's crazy. I'd have love to find this tunic for that price, I might have even cried. But it's also nice to see a fellow collector find such an amazing deal: especially Dean.

Add: I'll look through a few of my other books tomorrow after work for you Dean, as I know I've seen this variant elsewhere before and it was photographed better, too.

?

Thanks again, Broham! i appreciate you taking the time to do this for me, especially after the day you had. i looked it up on Amazon.com and the book looks good...its selling for $47 . its the Mollo one, right? i need to expand my reference book library. all i have at the moment are some osprey books, which are good, but have limited info. Most of my library consists of history books.

Yes, Mr. Mollo and Mr. Taylor, undoubtably a must have set.

?

Yeah, that's what i thought. i wanna get Kelly's books, too.

Another example which compares well to Deans from, SS Uniforms, Insignia & Accoutrements-A Study in Photographs pg.35. Although it is possible the runes aren't made of cloth. Either way, I still like the examples posted, including Deans. I'll continue to search for further references.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-13-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Thanks Youthcollector1
    Your reference material is very helpfull indeed.also thanks Bochmann I bought my unissued set from Peter v Lukacs it was part of a large LAH grouping.I notice in the discription for the same type of tab on collectorsmilitaria website It also has a LAH connection,so maybe it is a earlier tab as you suggest Bochmann.
    So dean it makes your Bargain of a tunic even better knowing you have a scarce pattern tab.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Quote by Francesco View Post
    Yes,and the tag is fake.
    Tomorrow I will post some pictures to early tabs I use to own some years ago.

Cheers,
    Francesco
    Francesco you seem to have gone quiet.Are you still of the same opinion.Or are you suggesting i contact Peter about my tabs?.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast