Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Waf. SS Division Wiking NCO Uniform

Article about: Just found out that the Military Antiques in Stockholm has this one What do you think of it? Waffen SS &quotWiking&quot Division NCO Assault gunners wrapWaff, Military Antiques Stock

For lack of better words, these examples scare the hell out of me. I've in my short career of collecting, compared to most, have seen many unissued wraps of this style, all appearing to have never had insignia applied. I can only assume many of these mint unissued pieces were created post-war as it would be quite easy to do, as well increase the value of the individual parts significantly. It also would not be much of a problem to find mint or near mint insignia to match. Of course, a hands on inspection by a seasoned collector of these wraps(aka not me) is a must as it's hard to tell either way with these photographs. What I can say is all the parts appear to be original and I don't see any signs of prior insignia....good luck.

-- ----- --

I forgot to mention the sleeve eagle and wiking cuff title amount of wear compare well with one another which is a good sign of course.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waf. SS Division Wiking NCO Uniform
    P
    Many

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    For lack of better words, these examples scare the hell out of me. I've in my short career of collecting, compared to most, have seen many unissued wraps of this style, all appearing to have never had insignia applied. I can only assume many of these mint unissued pieces were created post-war as it would be quite easy to do, as well increase the value of the individual parts significantly. It also would not be much of a problem to find mint or near mint insignia to match. Of course, a hands on inspection by a seasoned collector of these wraps(aka not me) is a must as it's hard to tell either way with these photographs. What I can say is all the parts appear to be original and I don't see any signs of prior insignia....good luck.

-- ----- --

I forgot to mention the sleeve eagle and wiking cuff title amount of wear compare well with one another which is a good sign of course.
    I must agree with everything youthcollector1 said. The piece is in exceptional condition and if not assembled, likely a left at home uniform to wear on leave. Such things still turn up these days but rarely. It would require an intense microscopic examination by a seasoned collector. If insignia is mounted post war with proper thread and in a manner of tailoring used in the period, it is impossible to tell. It appears to be a fine example of a gray SS wrapper with insignia from an elite unit.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

If i had funds avaliable i would taken the chance on this one.

Have always wanted one of these on a mannequin.

I don't like the STUG jacket,the insigna are OK IMO. In the mid 80s I have seen a similar one in the same cloth in an UK shop and another (repro) in a collection of an italian collector. After a hand examination ( cloth material,sewings etc.)for me a total reproduction with some epoch material (sewing thread).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2