Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen Dot pattern jacket. No clue what else it is. Any help is much appreciated

Article about: I found this at a local thrift store, I doubt it's legit because it looks too new and it's missing the size information like the originals. So, that being said what would something like this

Default Waffen Dot pattern jacket. No clue what else it is. Any help is much appreciated

I found this at a local thrift store, I doubt it's legit because it looks too new and it's missing the size information like the originals. So, that being said what would something like this be worth? It doesn't fit me, I just bought it so some kid didn't buy it and didn't offend someone on accident because the local kids here don't recognize SS and Nazi symbols.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen Dot pattern jacket. No clue what else it is. Any help is much appreciated
    P
    Many

Default Re: Waffen Dot pattern jacket. No clue what else it is. Any help is much appreciated

Hi, welcome to the forum!

It is a new reproduction aimed at the re-enactor market. To be honest it is not a good copy, there are much better ones out there. Value about $50 to $100.

Chers, Ade.

Default Re: Waffen Dot pattern jacket. No clue what else it is. Any help is much appreciated

Welcome to the forum! In 99% of the cases a dot pattern tunic with insignia are bad or a put together. I don´t even know if their was any period dot pattern tunic with insignia.That is something the experts knows better then me. They often had their field blouse under the dot pattern tunic and their collars visible with the runes and rank.

Not an expert by any means but these tunics were worn with insignia regular although this would have reulations at the time.

This would either be done because the wearer wanted to confirm his rank in (perhaps in a combat situation) or as a matter of pride in the insignia that the troops, had but it was done.

Well even if it is worth 50-100 I have no use for it. I'm going to put it on craigslist today.

?

Quote by Badto666 View Post
    Welcome to the forum! In 99% of the cases a dot pattern tunic with insignia are bad or a put together. I don´t even know if their was any period dot pattern tunic with insignia.That is something the experts knows better then me. They often had their field blouse under the dot pattern tunic and their collars visible with the runes and rank.
    That would be correct if it were a Zeltbahn (poncho-like) but this appears to be a tunic (modern). The top right photo I posted shows some soldiers wearing the Zeltbahn.
    ~Dean
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen Dot pattern jacket. No clue what else it is. Any help is much appreciated  

Any ideas on where I could sell it without a ton of backlash?

?

Quote by jparker View Post
    Any ideas on where I could sell it without a ton of backlash?
    Well certainly not "flea bay". I would go to IOFFER.com
    ~Good luck! dean