Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Waffen ss bevo arm eagle cut off

Article about: Here is another recent purchase , used woven arm eagle still attached to a piece of herringbone material, probably from a fatigue tunic

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I agree Dave that used examples -of any type of item- are in many ways far more interesting than mint unissued, though both can be found in my collection. I was asking in perhaps a too subtle way if it is a period cut off or has someone sewn a period used example to a scrap of HBT to increase its value. As I commented the stitching is not great, though on its own not a killer, but it is hard to say from the pics supplied if it is all period done. Perhaps I am just too cynical, but if as you say there is no difference in value between a loose used eagle and a cut off example, then it would be pointless to do it.
    Jerry i also have both mint and used items if i could choose i would prefer all used.To me as a used collector i suppose cutt offs are probably worth more.But to someone who only likes mint there probably not worth as much to them.
    I agree with you lot's of cutt offs are engineered to decieve.I have had items de-valued because of the person making the cut off didn't know the correct way of aplying the insignia.I think you always have to be cautious with cutt offs ( but it is very hard to prove or dissprove them of being period done)as long as the owner is happy with it thats all that matters.
    Cheers
    Dave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen ss bevo arm eagle cut off
    P
    Many

Jerry here is the example i mentioned that was de-valued.You may have seen me post it before.
    Cheers
    Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen ss bevo arm eagle cut off  

?

Quote by ddavies View Post
    I think you always have to be cautious with cutt offs ( but it is very hard to prove or dissprove them of being period done)as long as the owner is happy with it thats all that matters.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    With you on this Dave

Cheers Mark

I do remember that one Dave. Agree that cut offs can be created to increase value, but as long as they are of original parts....and have not damaged the items and do not make them worth more than the sum of their parts. As you mention, to the collectors of only mint items such as this would hold less value.

I also prefer used items and with my change in area of interest I have been very pleased to discover the possibilities that can arise from such items, particularly if they are named and can be researched, which really adds to the items IMHO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by ddavies View Post
    if i could choose i would prefer all used

Mint stuff has spent nigh on 70 years shut away in boxes , drawers or collections & they have not seen any history , whereas tunic removed worn pieces such as collar tab's , cufftitles , eagles etc: all have a story too tell & smell of history

I also prefer used items and with my change in area of interest I have been very pleased to discover the possibilities that can arise from such items, particularly if they are named and can be researched, which really adds to the items IMHO.[/QUOTE]

I agree Jerry ,something that is named and can be researched would be a great addition to a collection.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Quote by HD1450 View Post

Mint stuff has spent nigh on 70 years shut away in boxes , drawers or collections & they have not seen any history , whereas tunic removed worn pieces such as collar tab's , cufftitles , eagles etc: all have a story too tell & smell of history
    I couldn't agree more Mark.But if i'm looking for a certain item and can only find mint i'm just as happy to add it to my collection until i can find a salty one.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Quote by Hsturmfhgeorg View Post
    nice piece,Mark!

Attachment 665203
    Nice items

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hello Friends,I love both.....minty insigna
    Waffen ss bevo arm eagle cut offWaffen ss bevo arm eagle cut offWaffen ss bevo arm eagle cut off

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast