Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen-SS camouflage cloth field cap for discussion

Article about: Hi all, I think this should be an easy one, but as I am not into W-SS, I said to a friend of mine who owns the following cap that I would post it up for a discussion. I said to my friend I w

Default Waffen-SS camouflage cloth field cap for discussion

Hi all,

I think this should be an easy one, but as I am not into W-SS, I said to a friend of mine who owns the following cap that I would post it up
    for a discussion.

I said to my friend I would personally pass on it, as it looks like something done in the back yard, but my friend insists it is in with a chance, I would use
    it to wear on a hunting trip, but .... I welcome the knowledge base of the experts, all opinions appreciated

Thanks for looking,

Cheers

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-SS camouflage cloth field cap for discussion   Waffen-SS camouflage cloth field cap for discussion  

Waffen-SS camouflage cloth field cap for discussion   Waffen-SS camouflage cloth field cap for discussion  

Waffen-SS camouflage cloth field cap for discussion   Waffen-SS camouflage cloth field cap for discussion  

Waffen-SS camouflage cloth field cap for discussion  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS camouflage cloth field cap for discussion
    P
    Many

Crikey,... 108 views and no comments.... ??

?

Gday Bob,

I agree on the pass. I am not the cap guru but the overall the stitching and bill shape and construction looks off / odd to me. Does not strike me as The real deal. Not sure if camo pattern is correct as well. I know these are faked a lot and originals command crazy money. I believe originals were never maker marked but I am not certain. This one seems to be unmarked. That's about all I got other than the reference threads below.

Waffen SS camo field cap authenticity.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth...uetze-m42-507/
    Last edited by Rossi; 06-22-2017 at 07:06 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thanks for the feedback Rossi, the first link shows the same cap, too many fakes out there for this little black duck to ever wish to obtain one....
    (it is a consignment item with a local dealer here in Melbourne).

Regards

Bob

Bob I think a lot of folks are reluctant to voice an opinion on camo stuff, especially SS camo as so much has been faked for decades. One thing I noticed is the sign of stitching on the front above the visor as if a square cloth badge was once applied, now removed (see image 3). The odd thing is it's double stitched. A brown or green skull badge would have only been a single line of thread. So is the cloth material recycled genuine, made into a cap post war? I'll let someone else opine on that.

Yeah there was a skull on the front, which was collector added, and has now been removed, I have known of the cap for probably around 30 years or so, as that is how long
    it has 'floated' around locally between a small handful of collectors who were into W-SS items. The last owner is getting on in years and has decided to divest himself of his
    collection, and so, this has become a consignment item with Garry at 'EK Militaria' locally (Essendon). I think Garry said that he had a price tag of Aust $2400 on it.

I am not a W-SS collector, and said to Garry that I would be happy to post it here for comments as to whether it is a good cap or not, hopefully someone with knowledge
    of these SS cammo caps can nail it one way or the other....

Thanks for the comments so far too,

Best wishes

Bob