Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?

Article about: Hi guys, Just a quick question. Under which circumstances would a cufftitle meant for a Waffen-SS division (Wiking, Frundsberg, etc.) be worn on a black SS uniform? Thanks, Mo

Heydrich's assassination in one of its first filmic renderings. And not very realistic. Heydrich's car blown up on the way to Yosemite in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT1l76yKlY4

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?
    P
    Many

One cannot gainsay dramatic license, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKnHogE1cKE

Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?I have been a couple of times to the place in Praha where Heydrich was attacked, and also to the Sierra Nevada Mountains a few more times. The two places are somewhat different.

Maybe someone can do an essay on all the film renderings of the deed.

Or not.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-19-2015 at 07:43 AM.

I would only expect to find a black uniform with a Waffen SS cufftitle on a jacket worn by an officer posted to a staff position in Germany and the cufftitle was worn as a tradition insignia. FB and I are both aware of a black standartenfuhrer tunic with a Deutschland cufftitle. The man was a former member of Deutschland who held a staff position in Munich during the war. The tunic also bore the 1942 pattern insignia whch indicated he likely wore the tunic during that period.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Waffen-SS Division Cufftitles on Black Uniforms?
    Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I would only expect to find a black uniform with a Waffen SS cufftitle on a jacket worn by an officer posted to a staff position in Germany and the cufftitle was worn as a tradition insignia. FB and I are both aware of a black standartenfuhrer tunic with a Deutschland cufftitle. The man was a former member of Deutschland who held a staff position in Munich during the war. The tunic also bore the 1942 pattern insignia whch indicated he likely wore the tunic during that period.
    Here is the item that Bob describes. It is authentic in every detail.

- - ------- - -

The man was the Standortaeltester der Waffen SS in Munich.

Thanks so much, guys. Political SS stuff is still a mystery to me but I would really like to learn more about it. I've always been more of a helmet guy.

An example for the wear of a W-SS divisional cuff title by a senior camp system officer (on the field grey field blouse, though) that comes to mind is Richard Baer who can be seen to wear his "Totenkopf" cuff title in one of the photographs in the Hoecker album.

W-SS personnel could retain the cuff title of a previous assignment if transferred to a unit/agency not (or not yet) authorized one. (The practice was at first unofficial, but later officially authorized. )

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Thanks so much, guys. Political SS stuff is still a mystery to me but I would really like to learn more about it. I've always been more of a helmet guy.
    The distinction between political and military does not really apply to the SS, despite what some would have you believe.

We do a great deal to resolve these mysteries here.

with films like that what can one say.ha ha ha

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Ugh... it gets worse. I just found out he is supposed to be a KZ-Lager commandant... with the black uniform AND Das Reich cufftitle. He cites that he chose the black uniform because it's symbolic of evil. I figured the runes would have been plenty.
    Tell him to watch Ralph Fiennes as Amon Goeth in Shindler's List. Evil came in more than black.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast