Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Waffen - SS Legion Volontarie WALLONIE Armband

Article about: by 4thskorpion Font design and typography is an area I enjoy studying There is an online font discovery tool and forum which is often very helpful as a starting place to identify fonts and f

?

Default Waffen - SS Legion Volontarie WALLONIE Armband

Gentlemen,
    Came across this Waffen - SS Legion Volontarie Wallonie Armband, its part of a general patches, shoulder broad convolute. I've ran the name through google and this forum although the unit certainly existed, I came up with very little and no armband. I shall be going to have a look at it after Easter, armed with my UV light. I ask members what do they think of it ? have they ever come across one before ? and what should I look out for ? At the moment I only have this picture. Any information welcome
    Attached Images Attached Images Waffen - SS Legion Volontarie WALLONIE Armband 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen - SS Legion Volontarie WALLONIE Armband
    P
    Many

Default Re: Waffen - SS Legion Volontarie WALLONIE Armband

Alec,

I may be wrong but, I doubt it and I would just "walk away" and keep my money in my pocket.

"Dubloons" for Walloons - "NON"

?

Bochmann,
    Thanks for the post , although I find it, to say the least, more than a little enigmatic - I do need a reason to "walk away" ! have you got one ?

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

I believe Bochman is on the right track. I believe this to be a reproduction. It looks like something that was printed up in the 1970's. What unit is this? If the price is over $10. I would stay away.IMO.

Fred

Alec,

It is up to you what you collect, I have no qualms, no gripe and no interest other than I consider that the item that you have posted is not original.
    It is up to you whether you purchase it or not and, again, I have no interest either way except to confirm that I would not buy it as it is at best an "ad hoc" symbol of the existence of "Wallonie" which is not in doubt and could presumably be worn by anyone from the tea lady to the janitor at their local meetings. I do not consider it to be, per se, a military item.
    The rest is up to you.............

?

Bochman,
    You may well be right, but we seem to have a number of members in the forum with supernatural powers, who are able to quite easily make posts and give opinions and never give a reason. Perhaps you may know who I mean. Regards

Hi ALech,, perhaps to find a balance on this thread if at all possible,,, a few more photos would be helpful in finding authenticity...........

@ Bochmann,,..I feel a simple question of " Are more photos possible?"...would of been a very good supporting comment to add on to what Fred Green has posted. Take it easy gents Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Larry,
    Everything is O.K. a flash of temper - I'll try for more photos. In the meantime - measured posts with opinions and importantly reasons are more than welcome.

?

Try and find a period photo of this in use. I believe this is a fantasy item and not a reproduction. Has anyone ever seen anything close to this in a period photo? I have not. If you like it then buy it. Good luck with your collection.
    Waffen - SS Legion Volontarie WALLONIE Armband
    Last edited by jHAM; 03-29-2013 at 10:28 AM.

?

Keep in mind, not everything has photos of it in wear. I've come across forum members who didn't think ww1 camo helmets were period done because he hadn't found period photos of it in wear. I'm not making any comments on this items originality, just simply saying that just because there are no pics does not mean they never existed. It helps, but isn't definite in determining originality.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast