Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Waffen SS M44 Erbstarnmuster uniform

Article about: Hi guys, I saw this tunic and pants and compared it with originals that are for sale. But, I still need some help here. Please your opinions on this set please. Thanks.

A Super rig,Sarge! Nice to see!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS M44 Erbstarnmuster uniform
    P
    Many

Sarge, when I had my first uniform like this, there was SS collar tans on the jacket. Uniform coming from the Benhamou collection in Caen.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

CBH
    ?

Quote by MM1985 View Post
    Just a few observations:

Wrong lining, wrong SS-BW stamp and wrong stitching - the SS BW made jackets where all made with a double needle sewing machine - they used for the Major seams all double needle to fast the production of this stuffAttachment 1006557 - this jacket was made with a single needle machine.

There is more to tell.

Thank you for the detailed explanation , I was wondering if this type of machine ( double needled )was also used to make camo hats ?

CBH
    ?

Just a few observations:

Wrong lining, wrong SS-BW stamp and wrong stitching - the SS BW made jackets where all made with a double needle sewing machine - they used for the Major seams all double needle to fast the production of this stuffAttachment 1006557 - this jacket was made with a single needle machine.

There is more to tell.
    Would this be the case with Helmet covers also ? The use of the double needle machine ?

I had seen some Janke Tarnung reproductions when I started re-enacting in the mid 90s. They were very convincing. After use and some washing, they certainly looked like WWII era uniforms. The set you posted looks just like the Janke type I encountered so good spotting by our fellow collectors. NH

Just a few observations:

There is more to tell.
    Well done.

Walter Klemm, Homberg trouser details

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2