Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)

Article about: If anyones going to know it going to be you guys...6am and i havent slept over this. Hopefully all will go well when i speak to the dealer in a couple of hours

?

Default Re: WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)

Yes, very true. That's why I don't say something is not good unless Im am an expert (which i am not) and can back it up. I give my opinion from what ive seen and learned.There are different makers of these items so they don't all look the same. Also, lots of soldiers did their own thing and personalized their gear instead if following regulations.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)
    P
    Many

Just my personal opinion, undoubtable a fake scull. The eagle looks reapplied(could be fake, I'm not a eagle guy) and I do not like the cap. Gel, what is it about the interior you like, if you don't mind me asking? Also, which parts compare well and do you have a example with characteristics such as this one you can post?

?

when we make a comment, it's is very important to explain why you feel that way and/ or add a reference picture or something to help educate everyone.

As I said, not an eagle guy, but looking through my archives and I think your eagle is trying to be this one?
    WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)

?

Thank you Youthcollector, for this reference, it helps us all learn the difference .

Thumbs up Re: WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)

I added before I saw your comment. You know I'm not one to do such a thing!!

As for the cap, it is a tough. I've looked through a hundred known original examples, but can't find a example which compares with this one perfectly, so best to wait for others. I need to start separating my private purchase examples in my archives. I will continue my search, however.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 08-02-2013 at 05:30 PM.

?

I wasn't referring to you, my friend

Quote by Dean View Post
    I wasn't referring to you, my friend
    Oops :/

Add: Welcome to the new member, glad you are here.

I'm out atm but when I get home I'll scan some images of a similar one in a 1944 signal magazine.. Only difference is its a SS mountain div.. But same config

?

For one I like the quality of the lining it looks like it is made of good material, and two the leather band is like others I have seen on private purchase m-43 before

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast