Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)

Article about: If anyones going to know it going to be you guys...6am and i havent slept over this. Hopefully all will go well when i speak to the dealer in a couple of hours

?

Default Re: WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)

Gel65, can you please show us a similar cap? This would help educate all of us.
    Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)
    P
    Many

?

Bbwizardboy, I would like to see your copy of Signaal. These are great magazines.

Youthcollector that looks like the same eagle, but as stated this is a private purchase hat and my understanding of other sections of German armed forces of that late war period is that they themselves would apply many of these things... Your example is a perfect out the factory example... I believe mine is a a period applied eagle... With the skull I am by no means an expert, although I have collected German militaria for over 40 years, SS hi end was financially out of reach... But it has a nice feel and smell, I'm a little odd and try and use all my senses when buying... But I do enjoy discussing these things

It's one of the best covers I've seen.. I'll post it when I get home

Quote by bboywizard View Post
    Youthcollector that looks like the same eagle, but as stated this is a private purchase hat and my understanding of other sections of German armed forces of that late war period is that they themselves would apply many of these things... Your example is a perfect out the factory example... I believe mine is a a period applied eagle... With the skull I am by no means an expert, although I have collected German militaria for over 40 years, SS hi end was financially out of reach... But it has a nice feel and smell, I'm a little odd and try and use all my senses when buying... But I do enjoy discussing these things
    That's what the fakers want!!! Lol. Note the eagles far left and right toe, the head(and beak), and over all quality. It seems different, at least to me. The devil is always in the details. But before you throw this one away, wait for others, especially for the people you spoke of.

I feel strongly, no matter what the eagle is, it's reapplied. I have a late war luftwaffe example, and like most, the insignia is hand applied. The reasoning I think your example is post war applied is the condition of the insignia and the sowing, which looks too new.

?

Here is an example from Mr.Shay's site the interior is almost the exact same
    WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)

?

Bboywizard, don't feel like you are being attacked or anything. I'm sure you are experienced in such items but possibly better images are needed when you get the chance. I know you are busy but we will always be here , so no hurry. Many members will help out soon when they have the chance.

?

Gel, thanks for the example. Also, I believe you mean Mr.Shea?
    Cheers,
    Dean.

Gel, they are similar, but don't match IMO. Detail, detail, detail. However, still not saying the cap is without a doubt fake. Thank you for the reference Gel, btw. I will now reserve opinion for others, good luck, and again, welcome!

I am currently out-of-town, so my phone is not the best source to make a educated opinion from. I also only have limited folders on my iPhone for references, although most images are saved through here.

Add: Ades opinion is one I'd want to hear. Just thought I'd add that.

?

I know what you mean they are similar but are not the exact same in detail which is so very important to authenticating this cap I will wait for others to chime in

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast