MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)

Article about: If anyones going to know it going to be you guys...6am and i havent slept over this. Hopefully all will go well when i speak to the dealer in a couple of hours

Default Re: WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)

Bob do you think my hat is legit or is the whole thing a mess?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)
    P
    Many

i dont know if that last post actually posted, so sorry for double posting .....Bob do you think my hat is legit or a copy or is the whole thing a mess?

Both of your post posted lol.
    My interpretation of Bobs post is one in the same as my initial post, which is, although the cap is of high quality, it is still a reproduction. One that can easliy fool, hints my reservations. The insignia are, too, reproductions.
    I am truly sorry, we have all been in your shoes and the feeling is dreadful. Luckily, however, you just purchased it and have a good relationship with the seller. Does he offer a inspection period?

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The cap itself is a fairly well made reproduction with unquestionable fake insignia. This cap could definitely fool a collector who does not have experience in what is out their in the reproduction market.
    I think Bob expressed his thoughts on this cap in the last two sentences.
    Regards,
    Dean.

The only thing that is original is the eagle. It is this type..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)  

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    The only thing that is original is the eagle. It is this type..
    I see many differences. Feet/tail, head/beak, shape of the body and head, detail, including that of the circle. With respect, I must disagree. The feathers are completely different as well but difficult to see due to the OP's edited picture coming out smaller.
    WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)OP's
    WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase) Carl's

It's out of shape but this is a original one. Can the poster make a straight front pitcture of It?

ill take a pic in the morning..its 4.30 am here atm..under Australian law we are protected with an automatic cooling off period and also the fact that it is not the item described. ive contacted the seller by email and he just thought the skull was a late was zinc one...so as much info i can get on the fake one the better and now that the hat is too any info on that would be good.....ill be calling him in the morning..i do really appreciate all the help you guys are giving

The Totenschaedel is a definite stinker, and I do not collect wartime field caps, but there is something odd about its appearance. The Shea Beaver book has many examples of real one of this type.

WAFFEN SS OFFICER'S FIELD CAP (private purchase)Bruce Herman in California, USA of North America also has prototypes of this in his photo files, as perhaps does Whammond for comparison. But let me say that the photos we use for reference of real items are, in turn, the Vorlage for the fakers, who craft their nasty little creepy thingies to empty the wallet. Challenge and response, offense and defense as in war, itself. This man is not wearing a hat.
    If there is some doubt, then send the thing back. The death's head badge is fake, but real caps have fake badges and frequently so, whereby the knee jerk reaction is do dump a real cap because of lousy badges, so circumspection is warranted.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast