Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Waffen SS Officer's Visor Cap

Article about: This has been in my posession for near ten years, the body of the cap is made from a fine doe-skin type material. I have always considered it an original pre 1945 example.

Default Re: Waffen SS Officer's Visor Cap

Do some posters on here actually know what Janke logos look like ?? Most Janke logos I've seen are printed in black directly onto the lining. And they look a little goofy ( to me ).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Officer's Visor Cap
    P
    Many

?

No point re-inventing the wheel so here is the thread to read about Janke hats, written by our very own Stone Mint guy, Chris!

Janke characteristics - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Hi Tom,
    For a change you're the only one out on a limb. Can you present anymore thoughts I why you think this cap is a fake please?.
    Thankyou all for your joint expertise in assessing these items.
    I will be posting more SS visors in the future ( with some trepidation I might add ) for evaluation.

Quote by TriskelSonne View Post
    Do some posters on here actually know what Janke logos look like ?? Most Janke logos I've seen are printed in black directly onto the lining. And they look a little goofy ( to me ).
    heres a janke that is actually part of the cyeclodeWaffen SS Officer's Visor Cap

reichss obviously this is just my opinion (and it may be wrong) but the material seems a bit off i still think that the sweatliner is flexible or at least looks very much like that in terms of material please look at photos i attach look at the close up (original) then of the janke then look at yours (see what i can see)Waffen SS Officer's Visor CapWaffen SS Officer's Visor Cap

ps i don't want to take the mick or anything but also going on past threads of yours (helmets and the like) they were all fake and a janke is probably the best fake you can get

?

Let's get a few facts straight. The Janke firm produce reproduction hats, not fakes. A repro item only becomes a fake when it is being sold as an original.

Steve's cap is made from period "Streichgarn" wool. When you compare to the repro yellow piped cap above, the difference is like night and day.

The authentic white piped cap above is made from Trikot and that's a completely different weave.

very good information ben thank you

?

I had forgotten that we have already discussed the subject of hat fabrics.

Types Materials for SS Visor Hats

This is essential reading if one is serious about studying the subject.

Thank you for the photos Tom, they certainly illustrate the two differences, although the wool material on my example is very smooth and soft, not so rough and coarse like the one shown.

Looking at an OR LW visor cap I have it appears to have another style weave again. I will start a new post with an Allgemeine visor that has a different type weave again.

eagle could be a 479/39 seems ok, tk seems a copy of 1/52 (see left bones and no lines beetwen them, lost details of first left teeth and lost details of right bones). But it's not my proper field.
    About cap, imo we need other pictures and details. Generally i like what i see but i would see better:
    1 diamond
    2 lining
    3 sweatband

1: from pictures is very rigid
    2_ from pictures and repeat from pictures i note dirty sign and white sign could be souspicious and on the insigna zone lining folds are not precise
    3 from pictures it seam resewn or managed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast