Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen-SS & Other Volunteer Items! NEW PICKUPS!

Article about: Hello guys, Xmas has come early! I have recently brought these items from Bill Shea. Sorry I know that they are not all W-SS related and I have put them all in the same thread but these are

Default Waffen-SS & Other Volunteer Items! NEW PICKUPS!

Hello guys, Xmas has come early! I have recently brought these items from Bill Shea. Sorry I know that they are not all W-SS related and I have put them all in the same thread but these are my only pics. My mum is giving me the W-SS volunteer shields and collar tab for Xmas but I managed to take some sneaky pics
    I now plan to buy some more W-SS items after Xmas with my Xmas money so if you have any salty items for sale at good prices please let me know!
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-SS & Other Volunteer Items! NEW PICKUPS!   Waffen-SS & Other Volunteer Items! NEW PICKUPS!  

Waffen-SS & Other Volunteer Items! NEW PICKUPS!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS & Other Volunteer Items! NEW PICKUPS!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Waffen-SS & Other Volunteer Items! NEW PICKUPS!

Congrats ! You have some nice items there Glen!

Like the Hitler Jugend band !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Congrats ! You have some nice items there Glen!

Like the Hitler Jugend band !

Nick
    Thanks Nick! After looking at the volunteer shields and collar tabs online for so long I didn't realise how much smaller they are then I realised!
    The HJ armband is a controversial late-war screen printed version.
    Thanks, Glen.

Nice items Glen.are you going to concentrate on foreign volunteer stuff,or a mixture of different things.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Quote by ddavies View Post
    Nice items Glen.are you going to concentrate on foreign volunteer stuff,or a mixture of different things.
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Hello Dave, thank you. I am not going to concentrate on anything I will just buy whatever comes my way. But I do like to buy foreign volunteer and collaborationist items when I can.
    Thanks, Glen.

?

nice collection in the making Glen

I thought I would just bump this thread up.
    Today I received from Carl (Tiger88) a:

- SS-Totenkopfverbande K-98 Mauser shell case
    "The case was one of several that were found in Prague. The following Totenkopfverbande units were stationed in Prague during the occupation, so they likely originate from one of the following...
    Either the 4th Totenkopfverbande Standarte Ostmark, who were formed in 1938 in Vienna and Berlin, and undertook garrison duty in Prague during October 1939, or the 6th Totenkopfverbande Standarte, who were formed in Prague in 1939."

- Very late war Waffen-SS document. Release papers for a Polish prisoner who had been held at Lobositz, near KZ Leitmeritz.

Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-SS & Other Volunteer Items! NEW PICKUPS!   Waffen-SS & Other Volunteer Items! NEW PICKUPS!  

Waffen-SS & Other Volunteer Items! NEW PICKUPS!   Waffen-SS & Other Volunteer Items! NEW PICKUPS!  

Quote by Glennyboy619 View Post
    The HJ armband is a controversial late-war screen printed version.
    Thanks, Glen.
    Printed armbands have been observed in early period catalogs pre war, not late war as often stated. The RZM specifically states that printed armbands were not allowed to be used. These were used prior to the RZM prohibition on printed armbands as shown by Jo if you follow the links in this thread. IMO real evidence of the early use of these and not late war as collector lore often states. Here is a link where a similar item was discussed and links to Jo's research on these printed armbands.

Late war screen printed HJ armband.

Great stuff Glenn, looks like you'll be having a very pleasant Christmas mate!

Very nice, Glen

The shell case and document are very cool.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast