Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Waffen SS Panzer sidecap with pink soutache

Article about: Hard one to judge 100% just by digital images alone. An " in hand " inspection would obviously be the best method, IMO. To me, the cap was seldom worn and maybe the original owner

?

Hard one to judge 100% just by digital images alone. An " in hand " inspection would obviously be the best method, IMO.
    To me, the cap was seldom worn and maybe the original owner preferred an alternative head cover during his military service,we all know this occurred quite frequently. The lack of fading to the SS insignia doesn't really conflict with the color of the cap itself, they appear uniform from where I sit. The soutache doesn't send any obvious red flags to me either.

The overall feeling I get from this piece is leaning toward it being good as far as period, but please don't make any drastic decisions based on my opinion or a single persons opinions alone either, because in the end it's up to you and the feeling you have, based on your knowledge of the subject. Gut feeling is good and can be helpful but I wouldn't rely on that in itself , but if everything fits with what you know AND you get that gut feeling or intuition, this certainly helps!

I know you have much knowledge in the field of the W-SS, but even the best of us can get duped! Let some of the seasoned experts chime in and maybe then you can weigh the end result, I guess.

I wish you the best of luck, friend
    Dean.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Panzer sidecap with pink soutache
    P
    Many

?

nice one

many thanks all...you are so nice with your answers....

Ben...you are right... but how many untouched caps are alive in 2014 ? lot of are just ss fez...and the hand stiching was usual in period...

your answer is very interesting... how much value for that cap if insignas removed ?

2500 euro for that rare cap my Friend...

From the pix it looks like the soutache is handsewn. Can't comment about the rest because the pix are bad.

"how much value for that cap if insignas removed ?"
    The militaria market is very strange: I have tried to sell this sidehat original without insigna at 1300usd some time
    ago...but nothing !!! So...I have traded it for other ss items..

Waffen SS Panzer sidecap with pink soutacheWaffen SS Panzer sidecap with pink soutache

Very nice cap ! and a bargain price ! ok ok we are in 2014 with a great Financial problem, how much cost a waffen ss stripped sidecap without insignas and soutache ? and second quesion same for a ss insigna both in good condition ?

IMO this depend from different militaria sites:you can find a bevo skull in good cond.for 6-750 usd (or 650 e. in some european site) ...same for the capeagles ss: from 350usd to...3-400e. (minty).
    I think that 1800 usd for a panzer ss sidehat textbook in good used cond. is a correct price.

a set will be around 1000eur

thank you, the price is not the same in the world... dealer price and collector price not also... the hobby will be the best price !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2